Chapter 20

Author POV

"So why are you here? at Kyoto?" josuke asked. "I'm here to find references and inspirations" rohan simply replied while sketching the landscape.

Josuke walked towards rohan and sat beside him on the bench. Rohan surprised by how close he and josuke is.

"Can you just stand over there? this is my place" rohan annoyed. "Are you a boss of me?" josuke asked. Smirked.

Rohan really hate that smirk, so bad.

"Why are you here, josuke?" rohan asked. "Oh! just a small school trip. I'm waiting for okuyasu. He is buying dangos nearby this area" josuke replied.

Rohan just hummed.

There is awkward silence between them.

"Rohan sensei, you once had a soulmate,right?" josuke suddenly asked.

"Yes"

"Do you still love her?"

"Yes"

+

Two years ago, Kishibe Rohan had a soulmate in his life, Reimi.

This alpha once had a beta female for a soulmate.

Reimi is the sweetest girl that Rohan have ever seen in his entire life. Eventho she older than him, they still happy. 

Rohan always draw an art of Reimi with her dog at her garden full with pink roses. She loves how the way Rohan draw her.

"Rohan-chan! your arts always amazed me!" Reimi praised and kissed her mate's cheeks.

Rohan just smiled warmly at her.

He wants this moments to stay forever.

But an accident happened to her.

Rohan just finished his works. He decided to called her to know what's she doing. As he is waiting for Reimi to pick up the call, it starts to rain heavily.

'What is she doing?' Rohan thought.

Reimi didn't pick up.

rohan called again.

No answer.

He called her again.

No answer.

He is worrying about her. "Does something happened to her?" rohan asked himself. His alpha instincts can't stop bugging him.

He can feel something had happened to reimi.

He took his umbrella and start to leave his out. He make sure he locked his door first.

The heavy rain makes it hard for him to see

The heavy rain makes it hard for him to see. Its make the surroundings looking so blurry and wet.

He carefully walked towards Reimi's house. Her house just few blocks from his.

Then he saw an ambulance and police passed by him.

"Why there's police and ambulance go to this direction?" rohan questioned.

He turned to his mate's house and saw many people with an umbrella crowding in front of the house.

Rohan. With no hesitation ran towards the crowds.

"Move! move out of the way!!" rohan yelled while let him through the body of the people.

"Please let me-" he finally in front of reimi's house.

Then, he saw reimi's body being covered. with white clothes on her. He saw bloods sliding down from her hands.

Rohan was shocked.

He can't believe what he is seeing right now.

"N-no.. No THIS CANT BE!-"

he ran towards the body.The police tried to grab him but he managed to escape.

He flipped the white sheets and saw his beloved covered with blood on her face.

He touched Reimi's face.

"Reimi?" he called.

No response

He cried. He didn't care if other thinks he is crazy. He is crying because the one he loves had gone.

"ehem, kid. May I know who are you? and what's your relationship with the victim?" one of the officers came to Rohan.

Rohan looked at him with a dead eyes.

"I'm Officer Homare. We believe a serial killer named Angelo came and target Miss Reimi and her parents" Mr homare said.

"Kishibe. Kishibe Rohan. I'm her mate" rohan said.

"Mr Kishibe, we will find the killer to bring justice to your mate and her parents" Mr homare just patted rohan's shoulder and walked away.

Rohan. Still caressing Reimi's pale face. He still can't bare not to see reimi's smile again. Why god had to do this to him?

"Why...?"

.
.
.

Rohan is standing in front the place where he and reimi always lay down together. The serial killer had been caught and had sentences to death.

Its been a week after the incident.

He tried to get use to this new life. "I will never find someone like Reimi.." he said.

:
+
:

"Rohan sensei?" josuke called for him. Rohan snapped out from his sad memories. "i-im sorry.." rohan cares his forehead.

"I'm the one who should be! I'm the one who suddenly asked about your mate!" josuke apologize. Josuke looked into Rohan's eyes. Somehow Rohan can't stand Josuke being beside him. It makes his hesrbeat go wild.

"Ouii! Josuke!" okuyasu came with the dango.

Josuke and Rohan looked at him.

"Oh! Rohan sensei also here? Nice to meet you!" okuyasu greet.

"Okuyasu, you took some times, bro" josuke grab the dango and munch it. "There's many people order the dango so I wait patiently!" okuyasu replied.

"Oh Rohan sensei! me and okuyasu will go now! have fun draw references!" Josuke bid goodbye to rohan and walked away with okuyasu.

Rohan just looked at them and smiled.