Once Upon a Time

(Monday, 12th of Dusk Star Moon, 2033)
"Alright Sabrina, Mommy and I are going to be busy for the day, so you can stay with the librarian I'm friends with, okay?" A man guided his daughter up the stone stairs of the library.

"Okay, papa." The daughter walked whilst holding hands with her father.

A father and his daughter approached a set of wooden doors that had stained glass windows that were decorated with various shades of green, purple, yellow, and blue in an indescribable pattern. The tanned father with brown eyes wore a brush jacket over a light brown dress shirt. He had on a set of jeans that were rolled over his steel toed boots, and a black belt with a silver buckle was wrapped around the waist of his pants. His brown hair was lengthy, so it was tied back in a ponytail tail while a green trucker's cap rested on his head. As for the daughter, she was pale with short black hair and brown irises. She wore a black hoodie over a black shirt, paired with black shorts and black sandals. The father looked to be in his late thirties, while the daughter looked to be around seven.

"You remember the librarian right, he used to come over to our house in Achisi to babysit you?" The father asked Sabrina. "Luckily, our business is here in Oneiro with his library, so your mom and I just decided you'll stay at the library."

"But he's so tacky and annoying." Sabrina was already dreading spending the day with her babysitter. "Why can't I stay with Auntie and Uncle?"

"Because they're also going to the event with us." The father opened the library doors. "Besides, I know the librarian is annoying and eccentric with his writing, but he's a good guy."

"Ugh, fine."

Sabrina and her father walked into the library, and there was no one at the front desk. While her father looked around for the librarian, Sabrina examined the library because this was her first time arriving. The library was beautiful, with smooth wooden floors decorated by a green rug at the entrance. There were rows of books, organized by genre and in alphabetical order on one side of the massive library, and on the other were historical books which you can't find anywhere else. The massive library had stained glass windows that were like the ones on the door, consisting of greens, blues, purples, and yellows in an impossible to describe pattern. Despite the size of the library, there was no one here and it was just silent, that is until Sabrina heard a shout.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

Sabrina turned her head to see her father talking to a rather tall man who was standing in the 'History of Another World' section of the library. Her father was talking to a tall man who wore ocean blue hiking shoes with green stripes, black pants, a dark green jacket that was under a black formal jacket often seen on suits, and black leather gloves. The mysterious man had the hood of his green jacket up. Around his neck was a metallic cover that served to hide the skin around the man's neck, and as if that wasn't enough, he wore a mint green colored plague doctor's mask. 

"WHERE IN MY TITLE DOES IT SAY 'GOD OF BABYSITTING'?!" The man shouted at Sabrina's father in a comical fashion. Sabrina wasn't phased by the babysitter yelling, the way he did it reminded her of a cartoon. "AT LEAST GIVE ME A WARNING FIRST!"

"WELL EXCUSE ME FOR NOT HAVING ANYONE TO CALL AT THE MOMENT!" Her father shouted in a just as comical fashion. "BESIDES, TODAY'S THAT DAY!"

"GIVE ME A HEADS UP FIRST!" The man shot his arms into the air in rage. "I'M CHARGING YOU FOR THIS!"

"YOU'RE A DEITY WITH YOUR OWN FOLLOWING, GET YOUR OWN MONEY!" Sabrina's father walked past Sabrina and crouched in front of his daughter. "Alright Sabrina, I'll be back in a couple hours. If you get annoyed with this guy, you can just sucker punch him."

"HEY."

"Alright Papa, I'll see you later." Sabrina watched as her father walked out of the library, leaving the girl and the librarian alone.

"That fricken prick...how can I get back at him..." The librarian thought for a minute while Sabrina watched. "Aha, I got it! Hey Kid, did you know your father made me swear to have you NEVER read one book in particular? But what if I read it to you?"

"If it's something weird like 50 Shades of Blank I'm leaving." Sabrina pointed her thumb at the front door.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT, that's the book I swore to MYSELF you would never read!" The librarian guided Sabrina to one of the rows in his library, the row called 'The History of Desponia'. "The book I'm speaking of is something I found odd. Sure it has it's moments of terror and is pretty gorey, but I find it odd how he always tells me to never have you read it."

"So am I going to read this book to pass the time or something?" Sabrina asked the librarian, who shook his head while he looked for one book in particular.

"Oh no, I'm not a fan of breaking promises, but he never said anything about reading the story to you myself." The librarian found the book he was looking for. "Ah! Here it is, that book about cursed lovers."

"Sounds like a sappy romance novel." Sabrina's statement caused the librarian to laugh.

"Hey, don't judge a book by my quips on it." The librarian began leading Sabrina again. "Come on, let's go find a table or a beanbag or something."

The librarian guided Sabrina to a room with shelves of books, a large circular rug that displayed the world, and beanbags all gathered on this rug. The librarian sat down on a large green beanbag, while Sabrina plopped herself onto a purple beanbag. The librarian opened the first page, but before he began reading, he decided to be overly dramatic.

"This is no ordinary story, this is based on true events that occurred on this very continent, Desponia." The librarian held up the book, allowing Sabrina to see its hard orange cover. "This is the story of many things, overcoming impossible tasks, unity amongst enemies, legacy, the sins of the father, and of course, the cursed lovers who are cursed with the worst curse of all."

"Get on with it, I'm not getting any younger!" Sabrina wanted the librarian to get on with it, and the librarian scowled underneath his mask.

"Well prepare yourself, because this is a story unlike any other, this is...The Tale of Mythia." The librarian finally began reading. "And like all great stories, it begins with three simple yet powerful words...Once Upon a Time."

"That's four words."

"Shut up."