Chspter 49: See You Later Alligator

(Wednesday, 21st of Dancing Fool Moon, 2021)
It was mission time, and Jack was in a shuttle with Simo and Jojo on either side of him. Sitting across from Jack was Nico, Rico, and Rasputin. The mission was taking place in a city somewhere in Christus, so Herakles chose a team consisting of three people that were able to keep collateral damage at a minimum (Rico, Nico, and Rasputin), one guy who specializes in destruction (Jack), a sniper (Simo), and a badger. The shuttle slowly lowered, and the back door opened to reveal that your group was to land atop one of the buildings. Once the hatch was fully opened, Jack slung his bag over his shoulder and Jojo climbed onto his opposite shoulder. The five of them jumped off the shuttle and you looked around the city, noticing that instead of roads, this city had waterways.

"Woah, this city must save a fortune on gas." Jack remarked as Nico turned into a mirror, wrapping the cloth around Rico's leg. "So Rasputin, what's our mission here?"

"It's a pretty simple mission, we just need to hunt down some magically enhanced crocodiles." Rasputin answered before looking at Jack to see that some kind of magic was flowing into his body, and given the direction, it was coming from underground. "...Is that normal?"

"Absorbing the magic?" Jack asked whilst summoning London Bridge, a set of gray leather gloves, to cover his hands. Then he paired it up with Three Tips, a rapier. "Yeah, happens pretty often, I wonder what magic I'm getting this time."

"Maybe the tail is a hint." Simo looked at something behind Jack, and he looked behind himself to see a coyote's tail was sticking out of his lower back.

"Oh no...I'M TURNING INTO A FURRY?!" Jack shouted as a panic began to engulf his body, while Simo simply glared at you.

"Has it occurred to you that this could be a shape shifting ability?" Rico asked Jack whilst looking around the area.

"Let me try then." Jack thought for a moment, trying to focus on changing his right arm into a dragon's claw, and amazingly, it worked. Then Jack tried turning his left arm into an iron cannon, and it worked! "Holy crap, I can turn my body into anything."

"Well that's good and all, but we have a job to do." Simo reminded Jack whilst cocking his rifle.

"Alright, let's find the alligators ." Rasputin looked down at the river roads below the group.

Jack crouched his right leg before launching himself high into the air, clutching some pebbles in his spare hand while Three Tips was at the ready. While Jack soared through the air thanks to his powerful right leg prosthetic, Jack looked down at the river roads, trying to find where the alligators could be. Lucky for Jack, his answer made itself obvious by swimming in the river road right below Jack. The alligators were absolutely massive, roughly the length of an entire school bus. As if that didn't make them obvious enough, this alligator had glowing blue stripes that resembled a zebra's. The glowing wasn't that bright, but it still made it easy to spot in broad daylight. Jack reeled the arm with pebbles back before throwing all three pebbles right at the alligator, hitting the tail, head, and back in quick succession. Thanks to the effect of London Bridge, the thrown pebbles struck base-ball sized holes straight through the alligator, allowing Jack to see the water underneath the gator.

"Yikes, looks like London Bridge's ability is no joke." Jack landed on a nearby rooftop, watching as the alligator's corpse slowly sank into the water. "I wish Mansa could have worded it better than 'Turns anything it touches into a weapon'."

From Jack's observation, London Bridge makes almost everything it touches 100x stronger, faster, and applies the same buff to its momentum whenever it's thrown. Blunt objects are made 100x sturdier while sharp objects are made 100x sharper. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on people or already powerful weapons, like the Artifacr, Shamsiel, Sakura, or the weapons the twins turn into. So far, the ability only seems to work with common weapons, mundane objects, and liquids.