Chapter 38: How Did a Potted Plant Get Here?

(Wednesday, 24th of Verdant Garden Moon)
Jack let out a tired groan whilst he walked through the halls of the academy at around 5:30 in the morning. His attire consisted only of jeans, boots, a while shirt, and a fossil-style necklace. Jack was asked by Alice to go wake up a classmate of theirs, Saorise. Alice told him that Saorise's alarm clock wasn't working due to suddenly being crushed, and the poor girl keeps forgetting to buy a new one. Alice couldn't wake her up this time because Alice was doing some last minute studying for the exam in Sobek's class. Simo and Jojo weren't with Jack because Simo was at the target range, practicing against magic targets while Jojo wandered the school.

"I wonder if letting Jojo explore on her own was a good decision on my part." Jack wondered out loud before shrugging. "Still, I have five more classmates to meet, so let's try to meet all of them today to get introductions out of the way."

Jack reached Saorise's door and knocked on it, but there was no response. Jack knocked on it again, and he heard an annoyed grunt from the other side of the door. Jack knocked on the door a third time, and this time, a groggy voice came from the other side of the door.

"Door's open..." Saorise's voice could be heard from the other side of the door, and Jack opened the door to see the girl known as Saorise getting out of bed. Saorise was a muscular woman with ocean blue eyes and pale skin. She was wearing a white tank-too with shorts, and her most noticeable trait was her long, wild black hair that was almost as long as Alice's. "Wait, you aren't Alice..."

"I'm Alice's friend, Jack, she asked me to wake you up since she needed to study today." Jack took a step inside Saorise's room and noticed how the walls were lined with guns. "...For the sake of my safety, I'm gonna politely ask that you don't shoot me."

"Oh, I don't shoot anyone other than bad guys." Saorise got up from her bed, and Jack saw that she was at least 6'5 or 195 cm. "Are you a bad guy?"

"I like to think I'm a True Neutral." Jack replied whilst slowly stepping out of the room. "What class are you anyways?"

"I'm a seal." Saorise informed Jack, and he noticed a large parka that looked like seal skin. "Wait...was my class a joke? Since I'm a selkie, and I can turn into a seal...?"

"Hell if I know." Jack shrugged as Saorise walked to the closet and opened it. "I'll let you get dressed, so I'll see you later."

"Bye friend." Saorise waved goodbye to Jack, and the archeologist left the room.

With that done, Jack decided to walk to the mess hall so he could actually get some breakfast. Jack entered the mess hall to see everyone's eyes were on him, from the seniors to professors, they were all staring at Jack. The stares made him somewhat nervous, but he took a deep breath and continued on through the mess hall to the part of the hall to get his meal. Jack got his meal from the eldritch abomination that was in charge of the breakfast. Jack grabbed his tray of breakfast, and made his way over to an empty table. The people were most likely staring at Jack because you beat Dorian, the greatest assassin from the Heliosian Empire.

"Human, Jack?" An orc person walking along a petite looking vampire girl pointed at Jack, asking if he was Jack. Jack nodded, and the orc smiled before pointing at himself and the vampire. "Thor. Valerie. Thor is happy to meet Jack, Thor likes strong people."

"Is it okay if we sit here?" Valerie asked whilst gesturing to the seats in front of Jack.

"Be my guest." Jack nodded, and both people sat down in front of him. "So I take it, you guys have heard the story?"

"We heard that a random person busted into Sanctuary, beat up Dorian, and finished him off with a kick to the balls using his right leg." Valerie looked at Jack's right leg underneath the table. "You possess the strongest right leg here, so we figured that it was you who beat up Dorian."