Chapter 16: A Blade, A Book, and a Giant Metal T-Rex

(Wednesday, 27th of Dawnstar Moon)
"So this giant god damn t-rex was waiting for you?"

"Yep, Ebony Horse."

That's right, Jack was riding on top of a giant metal t-rex named Ebony Horse, which is another Artifact. Ebony Horse was the most unique artifact he's seen so far, taking the form of a giant metallic t-rex with multiple glowing parts. Jack was piloting the giant t-Rex towards the next mission in a small compartment that was inside the dinosaur's torso. On the dinosaur's back was a kind of hatch, similar to one that would be seen on a submarine. The hatch was open because Jack wasn't alone, he was driving Ebony Horse while his two teammates sat on the back of the mech. His first teammate was Molly, who was pretty much worshiping the mech. Molly was lying on her back with her torso hanging dangling into the cockpit with Jack. Meanwhile, Hero, yes, that kid who kicked Jack's ass, stood on the giant robot's head.

"Holy crap I want this!" Molly jumped down into the cockpit with Jack to begin examining the machinery inside the cockpit. Only problem is that the cockpit was pretty small, so now her waist was resting on Jack's shoulder. "Why did Ebony Horse have to choose you, it's unfair!"

"I'll let you examine it from time to time." Jack promised, and instantly he could hear Molly gasp before she hugged him.

"OH MY GODS THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I COULD FRENCH KISS YOU!"

"Don't."

"OKAY!"

We were riding through a plain desert, one that was nothing but sand as far as the eye could see. Lucky for them, the country of Deshret was nice enough to build a series of paths that led to its various cities. Right now, they were taking the largest path that led to the capital city of Deshret. It was a cool night, making it a lot more bearable for travel compared to a scorching afternoon. In the front of the cockpit were five screens, one big center screen and two smaller screens on each side. The large screen displayed everything from the robot's point of view. On the two screens to the left were a radar and thermal vision, on the opposite side were electromagnetic vision and night vision. Jack could switch which screens displayed which, so he could put night vision on the big screen. How is Ebony Horse powered? It appears that it can not absorb any form of light, but also magic energy to keep itself moving. Ebony Horse may be the strongest of the Artifacts.

"So, why are we going to Deshret?" Molly questioned as she sat on Jack's shoulder for no reason other than to look at the controls.

"Because we are going to properly alert the leader of Deshret and inform her that we will be going to the border to conduct the investigation." Jack answered, rolling his eyes. "We will be doing the same with the leader of Atitihad. That way they know what we look like and know that we're on neutral ground."

"Uuuggghhh, so we have to do diplomacy skills?" Molly groaned before resting her head against the hatch's frame and putting her knees to her chest and holding them up with her hands. "Man...hey does Ebony Horse have Metflix?"

"Don't try it, this thing is a gift from someone." Jack was referring to his father when he said this, but Molly still pouted.

"AAAAAAHHHH, BUT I'M BORED!" Molly was throwing a temper tantrum, and Jack was forced to put up with it while he piloted Ebony Horse.

"Hey Hero, how are you holding up?" Jack shouted at Hero, who poked his head into the hole of the cockpit.

"I am great, so I'm looking forward to this mission!" Hero shouted with enthusiasm, and despite his positivity being annoying to some people, Jack considered it something good to have.

"Hey, speaking of missions, who were you on a mission with last time?" Jack decided to spark a conversation between Hero and himself. "Like my first mission was with Eve, Damini, and Mifu."