Chapter 61: Hero vs Protagonist

(Wednesday, 1st of Dream King Moon, 2021)
The roar of the crowd filled the arena as Jack walked towards the gray slab in the middle of the arena,  hands in pockets to examine the scenery of the arena. The arena's layout was completely barren compared to the previous matches. It was still just as large, but the entire arena was just gray flooring. Looking at it as he went towards the center of the arena, Jack saw that it was made of a kind of grey metal. Jack reached the center of the arena and Hero met him in the middle. Hero's attire barely changed, but he did notice his irises now glowed gold, black, and white. Once the roar of the crowd died down, Jack held his hand out to Hero.

"Feels like forever since I last fought you." Jack remembered the time when Hero defeated him at the entrance exams. "I don't got beef with you, but I won't hold back."

"I won't either!" Hero smiled back.

"I've been focusing on enhancing my temporal necromancy abilities, so History Maker's got some enhancements." Jack bragged, then he realized that bragging about one of his secret skills may not have been the smartest idea.

"Huh, so that's why he wanted a list of historical figures from my world." Simo looked down at the arena from his booth with the rest of the staff, who looked at him in a confused manner.

"What?" Herakles looked at the sniper. "Jack asked you for a list of historical figures from your world? And he managed to use History Maker on just a list?"

"Just so we're clear, unlike the Children of Destiny, their souls aren't residing inside Jack's body, he just has their abilities." Solomon appeared to be standing against the back wall. "What's more is that he can't use more than one at a time now, unless they're twins or siblings."

"So you've evolved his skills to that level, Solomon?" Herakles asked the librarian, who remained silent. "Your wisdom knows no bounds, does it?"

"ALRIGHT, LET'S BEGIN THE MATCH BETWEEN THE ONE WHO WAS BORN TO MAKE HISTORY, JACK AND THE HEROIC HERO OF LEGENDS, HERO!" Maui shouted excitedly. "WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, LET'S BEGIN!"

Unlike the previous matches, the two fighters remained still for a couple moments. Hero suddenly began to walk around the arena in a clockwise direction, and Jack did the same. Out of nowhere, Hero disappeared and reappeared in front of Jack with his short sword raised. Hero slashed down atop of Jack, creating a cloud of dust. The dust temporarily engulfed the two of them, but from this cloud of dust, Hero was launched out. As Hero soared from some kind of impact, he suddenly planted both of his feet on the ground, and Herakles noticed something odd.

Hero was now in a defensive stance with his short sword.

"Nice try, I know you're faster than me." Jack's voice could be heard, and the dust dispersed to reveal something you summoned. "Bone Collector."

With its massive tail curved around Jack defensively and its feet planted in the ground behind him while its massive bony head hovered ominously over you. The thing around Jack took the form of a massive t-rex fossil that was continuously emitting an orange aura that behaved similarly to a lava lamp. It's eye holes were little more than abysses made of pure black, while orange balls of flame looked to mimic irises. The fossil let out a powerful roar, and Jack cracked his fingers. Then Jack made a dog hand sign.

"Anubis."

A jackal head shot out of the ground in an attempt to bite Hero in half, but Hero moved out of the way without his smile disappearing. Hero looked at Jack to see he was missing, Hero instinctively looked up to see Jack with his leg raised, and a curved black blade emerging from his calf. Electricity coated the black blade as he delivered an axe kick towards Hero, but the boy not only deflected it with his short sword by poking the blade so quickly that the electricity didn't have time to electrocute the blade, but he also delivered a punch to Jack's stomach. The force of the punch sent Jack so far into the air, leaving his body open for Hero to jump into the air. Hero prepared his blade, and in a flash, he was on the opposite side of Jack.  A slash appeared on his side, and Jack landed on his back on the ground while Hero landed on his feet not too far away.