Chapter 58: Punching Shadows

(Wednesday, 1st of Dream King Moon, 2021)
"WOOOOO THAT WAS A GOOD MATCH!" Maui shouted into the mic he held at the bleachers where all the professors sat. "Before I begin the next match, let's change the scenery a bit more!"

The sound of gears turning filled the arena, and the city scape was slowly submerged beneath the arena in an unknown abyss of black that took the place of the arena. Meanwhile, the center of the arena remained the same gray slate it always was. Rising from the black abyss once again was a different kind of arena. This new arena had a rough and rocky floor, cliffs, valleys, and dangerous mountain tops. Upon closer inspection, there were cave entrances, indicating that there were caves and possibly tunnels underneath the arena.

"Ah, the Rocky Mountains, a particularly tough environment, but if you can make it work for you, then it works for you!" Maui looked around the arena, and noticed how the East and West entrances were opening up to let the next set of fighters in. "HERE THEY COME FOLKS, ROUND 2'S FIGHTERS!"

From the East entrance, a darker skinned male came out with glocks strapped on either side of his torso with leather holsters. His clothes consisted of a black white collared shirt that had orange flowers on it. Meanwhile, his shorts consisted of boxing shorts and his feet were covered by armored shoes. His head didn't have his usual glasses on them, allowing his eyes with orange irises to show an emotion his smile supported, confidence. On his hands his signature orange gauntlets were on.

"HE'S GOT GUNS, HANDS, SKILLS, AND A WINNING STREAK OF 200-0 AT THE LOCAL BOXING GYM!!!!" Maui introduced TJ, and the boxer waved to the crowd. "IT'S TJ ALI, THE HONEST BOXER OF SANCTUARY ACADEMY!"

From the West Entrance, a pale person with pitch black hair emerged. His pale shirt with frills was covered by its pitch black cloak. Gloves decorated his hands while his black pants and shoes seemed to absorb the light around them. The wind gently blew his black hair out of the way of his face, revealing a calm and monotone expression that was only even more serene because of his glowing purple irises.

"HE'S MYSTERIOUS, DARK, AND BROODING." Maui gave a brief introduction to Angelo. "HE'S OMINOUS AS HELL AND SOME PEOPLE STILL THINK HE'S THE BIG BAD EVIL GUY WHEN IN REALITY HE'S JUST AN EDGELORD. IT'S ANGELO THANATOS!"

Angelo and TJ walked towards each other, with TJ taking off his Hawaiian shirt and placing it on a nearby rocky spike like a coat rack, and with every step Angelo took, dark energy emerged from his footsteps. TJ and Angelo met each other in the middle of the arena on the gray slate. Angelo looked at TJ, and thanks to the lack of a shirt, Angelo saw that TJ had an amazing physique and a six pack.

"How did you take your shirt off without getting rid of the holsters?" Angelo asked while looking at the boxer.

"Natural talent." TJ then aimed his fist at Angelo, and the abyss lord got into a defensive stance. "Come on dude, just a fist bump. Let's have a clean fight."

"Um...sure thing." Angelo awkwardly returned the fist bump, and the two fighters began moving to opposite sides of the gray slate.

"THE CHAMPION OF BOXING VS THE LORD OF DARKNESS, LET'S SEE WHO COMES OUT ON TOP!" Maui then pressed a button, causing the sound of a buzzer to fill the arena.

TJ appeared in front of Angelo with his fists in a defensive position suddenly delivering a jab at Angelo. The jab was so quick that Angelo barely had any time to react to it. Angelo barely moved his head fast enough to avoid the jab from TJ's left, and the audience saw sparks fly off TJ's gloves.

"Impressive, for a magic class, you reacted fast enough to my jab." TJ complimented Angelo, all while the darkness of Angelo's shadow began to bubble.

"It would be wise for you to disregard the myth that all magic classes are bad at physical combat." Angelo's eyes began to glow a gray color. "Let me show you what I'm capable of."