Chapter 34: Daughter of the Emperor

(Wednesday, 3rd of Verdant Garden Moon, 2021)
Jack was in the docking bay with his backpack draped on his back, playing on his phone whilst sitting on one of the benches. Jack was waiting for the rest of his team to show up in order to get ready for the mission. Jack showed up to the docking station fifteen minutes early for no real reason. Simo and Jojo were with him as well, with the phantom being gods knew where, but Jack could summon them at any time. Apparently, Jack's team was going to be composed of 6 to 8 people instead of the usual 3 to 4. That includes Simo, even though he's technically not a student.

"So, you two gonna be my teammates for this mission?" A man with shoulder-length purple hair walked up to you wearing a surprisingly casual outfit. . "Name's Robin Tzu, but Robin's my go to name though."

"Jack, and my companions are Simo and Jojo." Jack introduced his summoned hero and familiar to Robin. "I'm an archeologist, Simo is a sniper, and Jojo is a rabid piece of shit."

"Ha! I can tell we're gonna get along!" Robin let out a laugh before sitting down across from Jack. "My class is a Tactician, meaning my fighting and magic skills suck ass, but in exchange, my smarts can get out of any mess!"

"So basically you're an expert in bossing people around." Simo's eyes were focused on Robin, who looked nervous.

"Yeah, pretty much, but you should note that no one under my command has ever lost a fight, or died for that matter." Robin sounded confident in his tactics. "I even did a little digging about all of our teammates to form the best possible plan for all possible scenarios. In fact, one of them showed up...now."

"Heyaaa!" The person who showed up was a short girl with rainbow colored hair, a sig pistol, and a jogging attire. "I heard y'all talking about me, so what's crackin '?"

"Iris Lancaster. Class: Speedster." Robin introduced the rainbow haired girl. "Fastest student in Sanctuary, with a top speed of 3,500 kph or 2,100 mph. Armed with a sig sauer p226, her main tactic is to knock out her opponents with her built up momentum before she gets caught. She's also adept in kickboxing."

"So you did your homework...that means you also know about my missing leg and memories?" Jack asked the tactician, and he nodded. "I hope I'm not a hindrance for you."

"Relax, I already thought of the perfect role for you." Robin smirked as two more people walked towards the group. "And here comes our bishop and rook."

"About time Headmaster Herakles gave us a job that's actually worth our time!" A small and petite woman walked alongside a massive man who looked to be around 6'9". The small woman wore purple wizard robes, had white hair, and lavender eyes. As for her companion, he wore an army uniform with black hair and eyes. "All these 'hunting' jobs were getting on my nerves!"

"I think they were fun." The much larger man looked lost in thought about something. "You looked proud of yourself when you saved that family of rabbits from that dragon that one time though, Medea."

"O-Of course I did, Bruce!" Medea had a prideful expression on her face. "I am the greatest wizard after all!"

"I know you are, Medea." Bruce appears to be going along with Medea's narcissistic behavior. "Remember, this is a Level 4 Difficulty Mission, so we need to cooperate properly."

"Fine..." Medea then noticed Jojo. "...Can someone please explain to me why there's a badger?"

"We need her crackhead courage." Jack answered before putting the badger on his lap. "How many more people are we waiting for?"

"One more, and that person is me." The person who showed up was massive, maybe around three meters tall. "I am Goliath the rogue."

"How the H E double HECK is a giant a rogue?!" Iris shouted in disbelief of the sight before her.