Chapter 33: Heir-akles

(Sunday, 28th of Lover's Harp Moon, 2021)
"So...you guys want me to keep an eye on this Hero guy?"

"Correct."

"The others can't talk, but yes."

Jack was back at Sanctuary, in his dorm room with the phantom, Jojo, Aladdin, and Simo all scattered around the room.  Aladdin looked done with everyone's shit, phantom hovered about aimlessly like a ghost, Jojo destroyed a chew toy, and Jack was sitting on the couch, with Simo sitting next to him. Simo managed to get himself some new clothes, which consisted mainly of a white combat pants, a less heavy white jacket, a dark gray beanie, and one of those masks that cover the neck up to the nose.

"You do realize I'm not a spy, right?" Simo crossed his arms and stared at the group. "Why not have the invisible phantom spy for you? I can't even see it."

"I don't think they can move more than 5 meters away from me unless a certain criteria is met." Jack looked at the phantom, who shook their head to deny this. "Wait, how far can you actually move?"

The phantom then pointed at the globe in the room.

"...You have no range limits, do you?" Jack asked, and Poor Man's Poison shook their head. "Why don't we do that more often?"

Jack used a marker to write 'Conditions. Not. Met.' on a piece of paper.

"Oh right, I need to give Hero a gift, right?" Jack asked, and the phantom nodded. "Fine, but I need you for possible missions."

'Crow. Independent.' The phantom wrote on the paper again.

"Okay, so we can just have the crow keep an eye on Hero?" Jack questioned, and the phantom nodded. "Dope, with that out of the way, I got shit I need to do."

"Does it involve those five objects that were waiting for us by the door?" Simo eyed the door, which had a stick, a shield, a chainsaw, some kind of key-like weapon, and some hooks.

"Oh yeah, the Stick, Beanstalk, Chain Breaker, Changeling, and Captain Hook, I need to train with them too." Jack walked to the door and set all five weapons in the closet, which was half clothes and half weapons. "I'll see you guys later."

"Wait...isn't it Sunday?" Simo asked Aladdin.

"Yeah, what about it?" Aladdin answered as he walked back to his lamp.

"This kid has to work every day of the week?"

"Yup."

"That sucks."

(Later)

Jack was in the clearing where Mansa first trained him, holding the weapon known as Changeling as he jumped back to avoid a massive, metallic fist. The source of the fist was a massive robot made of bronze, with thick legs and even more massive arms. The arms were thicker than tree trunks, and Jack could hear engines from inside the arms. He used his prosthetic leg to shoot himself back to avoid the robot's swing.

"Thanks for helping me train, Molly." Jack thanked the blonde before using his foot to launch himself towards the robot to deliver a slash to its chest, but the robot used its heavy arms to block the swing.

"No probs, but best be careful, because it might blow up if you damage it too much or 15 minutes pass." Molly informed Jack as he jumped back to avoid the robot's jab. "You're getting pretty good with that leg of yours."

"Thanks, the movements of this robot are no joke either." Jack complimented the girl on her machinery skills before jumping into the air and pointing the tip of Changeling at the robot. "It's like I'm fighting an actual boxer."