Chapter 11: Yeehaw

Wednesday, 13th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)
The day of the mission soon came, and Jack was already packed for the mission ahead. Jack packed Fire Maiden and Stone Cutter in a case while putting clothes and basic necessities like a toothbrush. Jack was using a duffel bag to hold all his stuff, while he attached a set of sheathes to the duffel bag for Stone Breaker and Fire Maiden. He finished packing his stuff around Noon, some time before the transport ship would arrive. The transport ship was picking his team up around an hour later, so he should probably head to the docking bay soon. Jack decided to go to the docking bay early just in case. Jack arrived there after a couple minutes of walking, and sat down at a metal chair, watching as different teams passed by him. Jack didn't know what else to do, so he pulled out an instruction manual for his mechanical leg. Jack pulled off his mechanical leg to examine it's advanced instructions. Jack read that there's apparently this 'super mode', but it's advised against its use. Fun fact about Jack: he's not smart, so he looked into how to turn this super mode on. According to the manual, there is a kind of switch inside the calf of the leg. If flipped on, it turns on super mode. Jack was about to open his leg, but then he heard a gasp. Jack looked up from his leg to see Damini looking at Jack in shock before she realized his leg was mechanical.

"Ah, sorry about scaring you, I lost my leg a little while ago." Jack waved his hand nonchalantly, who had a bag full of stuff she needed, as well as some kind of metallic claws on her side. "So you decided to come here early too?"

"Indeed I did, I wanted to plan a bit before the mission began." Damini informed Jack whilst taking a seat in one of the chairs beside him. "I did some digging into the farm where we're going to. The land it's from isn't close to any factories or any battlefields, so nothing could be tainting the water. Any other ideas?"

"Maybe someone is intentionally poisoning the cow feed, maybe they want to sabotage the dairy farm for whatever reason?" At this point, Jack was better off picking at straws, and Damini appeared to be okay with that idea being a legitimate theory.

After five or so minutes, Mifu and Eve arrived with their bags. Jack noticed how Mifu was only carrying her sword and a basket made of straw that was weaved together. Closely behind Eve, some kind of robot was following her, carrying a toolbox for her. After all four of  them met up with each other, the transport ship arrived and landed in the landing bay. All four of them were surprised at the ship, which looked like a smaller version of a sci-fi ship from any sci-fi film in existence. It landed at the docking bay, and the doors opened. Mifu, Damini, Eve, Eve's robot, and Jack entered the transport ship. Jack noticed right away how empty it was. It only consisted of four chairs on each wall, and the driver's cabin was cut off by a wall and a metallic door. Jack took a seat at one of the chairs, and Mifu sat beside me. Eve and Damini sat on the opposite side of Jack, with Eve's robot carrying all the luggage. After they buckled themselves in, Jack heard the sound of the ship refueling, gearing turning, and the sound of gas entering the tank. A couple minutes passed before the ship finished refueling, and they began taking off. Jack pulled out his phone to begin playing games on his phone to simply pass the time.

(Later)

After three hours of flying, they arrived at the farm where the mission was to take place. Jack looked out the small window that allowed him to see outside of the transport ship. The ship slowly lowered itself onto a freshly harvested wheat field, which must have been cleared out to allow them to land. Jack watched as the jets that lifted the ship into the air created powerful gusts of wind that scattered the remaining plant life away from the landing zone. Jack looked at the farm where the incident was supposedly taking place. The place had fields almost as far as the eye could see, but Jack noticed there were some buildings scattered about, almost all of which were small houses, barns of varying purposes, milk barns, cattle corales, silos, and a single processing plant in the distance. The transport ship landed in the empty field, so the four of them got out of their seats and made their way to the back of the transport ship. The doors opened slowly, tilting downwards to also create a kind of plank for the four students to walk down as they exited the transport ship. When they exited the ship with their bags and Eve's robot, the door closed automatically and the transport ship left them at this farm.