Chapter 46: The Voices

(Saturday, 10th of Dancing Fool Moon, 2021)
"HOLY HELL'S WIT."

"HOW IS THIS SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE?!"

Jack and Simo were in awe of the sight before the two of them. The ship was forced to go between two cliffs to reach the island where the fruit was growing, which was an island on a lake that was on another island. Luckily, the lake and ocean were connected thanks to a large lake that was large enough to allow the ship they were on to pass through. Just one problem, a series of bandits with jet packs were shooting at the group from above with assault rifles. Weirdly enough, there were some bandits overhead at the edges of the cliff, firing mortars at the group. Yet before the mortars hit the ship, the ship itself began to...change. From the sides of the upper deck, sheets of metal in the shape of roots shot off the ship and into the rocky cliffs. Jack, Simo, Jojo, Valerie, Ned, James, Thor, and Cheng stood at the front of the deck, while Mary sat in the control room with Lorelei and Gaia. Thor stepped up in front of the group, and raised his hammer high into the sky.

"THOR TIME!" Thor gripped the leather strap at the end of his pummel, and he spun the hammer by the strap. "THUNDER!"

Dark clouds began forming in the sky, and Thor swung his hammer up into the sky, sending himself along with it straight into the air. Thor swiftly flew past the edges of the cliffs and held his hammer high, and lightning struck the hammer. Thor appeared to absorb the lightning, his eyes glowing cyan whilst lightning was sparkling in and out of his body. Meanwhile, the rocks around the mortar users connected themselves to the mortars, and the mortars suddenly fell onto their sides. The mortars fired without anyone triggering them, hitting their fellow bandits on both sides of the cliffs. Rocks were about to fall onto the ship, but a slab of stone shot out from the cliff, blocking the rocks from the ship. From the slap of stone, a person emerged with crystal hair. Jack noticed how they were holding onto a stone rod protruding from the bottom of the slab. The stone pole lowered itself until it was in front of the group, and Jack saw that their hand was physically connected to the pole.

"Hello, I am Gaia." Gaia introduced themself in this new form, which could have passed for a man or woman. "I am a golem creation plant that gained consciousness thanks to a science experiment."

"You can control whatever earth or metal you're connected to?" Jack asked, noticing how the rocks were only able to move after the ship's metal connected into the earth. Gaia nodded. "Dope. So that's why you can't move by yourself."

"I could, but to do so, I would need to put in more effort and may accidentally cause unnecessary collateral damage." Gaia then looked up. "Ned, support Thor, I'll keep doing what I can."

Ned took out his banjo, and he began to strum the strings of the instrument as the canopy of stone moved to reveal Thor flying through the air, swinging his hammer down onto one of the jet pack bandits holding a golden shotgun. The force of the swing sent that bandit straight down, colliding with another one of his allies in the process. His ally held a golden machine gun. The force of the strike sent both the bandit and his alley crashing into the ship, causing the unconscious bodies to fall right in front of Jack.

"Oh hey, the golden shotgun is Golden Bull and the golden machine gun is Jackal Spring." Cheng informed Jack, and he wasted no time in picking up the two guns.

Jack watched as Thor swung his hammer through the sky, with each strike causing thunder to strike down all around him. Jack noticed how six bandits were about to flank Thor, so he aimed both Golden Bull and Jackal Spring at them and fired. Both the shotgun shells and machine gun bullets fired out explosive bullets, which created small explosions with contact. The bullets made contact with four of the bandits' chests, and the explosions caused their jetpack equipment to blow up, sending them spiraling downwards. Before Jack could shoot down more bandits, he suddenly ran out of bullets.