Chapter 27: Ninjas!

(Wednesday, 15th of Lover's Harp Moon, 2021 )
Jack and Luna ran up the stairs towards Princess Hina's location, with Father Time in his hand while Luna carried a Bone Collector Revolver. Jack left Jojo in his hotel room. Both of them ran up the stairs to reach Princess Hina as fast as possible, while Leia had a better idea by using her jetpack to shoot herself through the hotel floors. To no one's surprise, Leia got there before Jack and Luna. From the top of the stairwell, Jack could see blue bursts of light come from the top of the stairwell. It was quieter than gunshots, yet Jack could hear booms and explosions. Rasputin soon joined the two of them up the stairs. The three of them reached the top of the stairs to see Leia, surrounded by a force field that deflected the katanas the ninjas were using.

"Ninjas?" Jack formed a dog hand sign with his left hand as his right hand held Father Time. "This feels like a crappy 80's film. Anubis!"

A jackal head shot up from Leia's shadow and bit one of the ninjas' arms off, causing him to clutch the wound. Rasputin rushed forwards, with a golden energy surrounding his palms. Rasputin rushed towards two of the ninjas, and his palms collided with both of the ninjas' heads. A golden jolt of light and electricity coated the two ninjas, making them twitch violently before the barrage of energy suddenly ceased, along with their movements. Rasputin dropped the two bodies, and smirked while looking at the remaining ninjas.

"The lord disapproves of your actions, so do me a favor and just perish in the name of the lo-!" Rasputin was then suddenly pierced in the stomach by a katana, which was smaller than Mifu's, yet it came out on the other side of Rasputin's body.

"Rasputin!" Jack fired Father Time at the ninja who stabbed Rasputin, nailing him right in the shoulder, and slowing him down.

"Do not Fret my friend, for you see, the gracious lord has blessed me with a body that shall not fall unless he himself deems it so!" Rasputin's palms were now coated in a thick layer of light instead of golden lightning. "Another blessing is that what doesn't kill me, makes my faith in the lord even stronger!"

Before Jack could question what Rasputin meant, Rasputin slammed his palm against the ninja's chest, causing a pillar of light to shoot out from behind the ninjas' back, engulfing the entire hallway in a thick light, like a very long flash bang just went off. There was no sound from the attack, only light, and the light was blinding. Even Jack was affected by the light. While Jack was blinded, Jack aimed Father Time's barrel down at the ground to prevent himself from accidentally shooting anyone. On the other hand, Luna was almost entirely unaffected because she closed her eyes at the exact moment the light engulfed the halls.

"Hehe~, lucky me~" Luna smiled upon noticing that all of the ninjas were disorientated and she aimed her revolver at one of the ninjas. "Kaaaa-BOOM!"

Luna staggered from the recoil of her gun, only to miss her shot entirely. The bullet soared past the ninja, and instead, it hit the metal rod behind the group of ninjas. The bullet ricocheted off the metal pipe and bounced into the drywall ceiling. While inside of the drywall ceiling, it ricochets off the water pipe of the floor above, causing a crack to appear in the pipe before bouncing off that pipe, and another before shooting out of the wall to shoot back into the wall on the left. The bullet then bounced off another pipe to exit the wall again, this time to pierce through the shoulder of one ninja, coming out of the other shoulder to pierce the chest of a second ninja. At the same time, the water pipe that had cracks fell apart, causing water to spill all over the hotel floor, soaking the ninjas in water.

"Target advantage calculated, arm damage type: electrical, damage output decreased by 100%, damage spread increased by 500%." Leia aimed her arm cannon, which made her look like that one girl from Metroid, at the ninjas.