Chapter 42: The Chocolate Factory Secret

(Sunday, 28th of Verdant Garden Moon, 2021)
"So you took this man with you to Sanctuary's hospital?" Herakles sat in his desk in the office, while Jack sat across from him, holding onto his newest weapon, a briefcase with a golden skull on it. The briefcase was the artifact known as Pandora. "Can't say I approve, but I won't say I disapprove of your course of action."

"Well I don't exactly know any other hospitals, so this was my best bet." Jack answered whilst fiddling with Pandora.

Be careful with tha-" Herakles looked at Pandora. "When the hell did you get Pandora?"

"Hell if I know, I think the author got lazy with this one's explanation." Jack shrugged whilst tapping the top of the briefcase with his finger tips. "So can I go now?"

"Fine, get your ass going, I have to arrange a meeting with Oneiro's hospital to perform surgery on this guy." Herakles watched as Jack got up from his chair and took Pandora with him, but as Herakles watched Jack leave, he suddenly said something.

"You know, I think one of those things I'm preparing everyone to fight against is responsible for Kaimu's condition." Herakles had a grim look covering his eyes, and Jack could tell he was serious.

"Are there still victims like Kaimu out there because of their actions?" Jack asked, and Herakles' silence was his answer. "If that's the case, then I will not only work on becoming stronger, but also collecting every artifact in this world."

"Good, now you see why I made your collection my pet project to begin with." Herakles leaned back in his chair. "Tell you what, focus on using Bone Collector, History Maker, and Power of Ancients. I'll handle gathering Artifacts for you. Just a heads up, you can't get 2 for now. Happily Ever After is unknown, while Once Upon a Time was in possession of Arthur when he left. So make do with what you can."

"Will do, boss." Jack gave a two fingered salute to the man before exiting the office.

Jack exit the office and took a deep breath in, calming his nerves before heading back to his room. Jack currently had 26 of the total artifacts, more than a third of them, yet there were still 46 more to obtain, two of which were unavailable. On top of that, Jack had to learn two more of his class abilities, Bone Collector and History Maker. Power of Ancients is passive, so no need to worry there. How does he even use History Maker in the first place?

"You do realize that forming a pact with us is what History Maker is, right?" Ariel appeared in front of Jack like an illusion. "Well, it's more like borrowing the power of deceased historical figures, and I guess that counts us."

"You know, you guys are pretty complicated." Jack walked past the phantom of Ariel. "Ghosts, elementals, immortals, make up your minds already."

"I don't know, which answer is easiest for you to understand?" Jack saw Ariel smile before he blinked, and the redhead was missing.

Jack shrugged and decided to walk to his dorm to get some studying done. Jack walked through the halls of Sanctuary, feeling as though he knew the academy like the back of his hand. Speaking of the academy, Jack got four of the five ingredients the librarian wanted him to get. Rainbow Petals, Demon Bone, Goddess Bathwater, and Time Teeth. The latter of which Cronos gave Jack on the way back to Sanctuary. All that leaves is the tears of the siren. Now how was he going to get that ingredient? Jack reached his dorm room door and opened it to reveal Simo holding a movie case. Meanwhile, Jojo was resting on the couch, chewing on the bones of something.

"Hey Boss, I found this movie from my home world, looks like it just appeared." Simo held up the movie so Jack could see what it was.

"Willy Wonka...?" Jack didn't finish the rest of the movie's title because of copyright. "Is it a good movie?"