Chapter 63: Entering the Enchanted Forest

(Wednesday, 8th of Dream King Moon, 2021)
The shuttle soared over the Enchanted Forest, making its way towards the current mission. In the shuttle with Jack was Mifu, Robin, Molly, Ned, Alice, Saorise, Gaia, and Caroline. Of course, Simo was with them on this mission, and he was reading Jack the information on the mission they were tasked with. In Jack's hand was Nursery Rhyme, and he was trying to understand what kind of magic this particular artifact would allow him to use.

"We're going to a festival, and it's our job to protect everyone at said festival from a possible attack." Simo simplified the file. "We'll start off by meeting up with the festival supervisor, and then I'll help Robin set up a strategy for the festival."

"According to my mom's journal, this is where we'll find some kind of power core, so Alice, Mifu, and I will look for it." Jack informed the sniper. "What about the rest of you guys?"

"I'll work on my inventions so they'll be suited for defense and shit like that." Molly pulled a wrench out of her hair. "Plus I'd like to do a double check on them so they won't explode around people."

"I'll go with Molly, to make sure she doesn't explode herself." Saorise pointed her thumb at the blonde, and Jack noticed a turtle shell shield on her back along with an anchor.

"I think the rest of us will look around for places that we can defend." Ned was adjusting the saddle of a pure gray horse that had lime colored irises. "Actually, Simo, you think it'll be okay for me to ride Seabiscuit here to scout around to look for a possible cause for these waves of...what was it again?"

"Monsters." Simo answered swiftly. "As for you and Seabiscuit, just be careful and try to not get lost. Gaia and Caroline could hypothetically handle anything the monsters throw at them, but I'd rather not use our aces unless absolutely necessary."

"Alright, Molly, tracker." Ned held his hand up for the girl to throw a small device into his hand. "Thanks."

"Robin, how is your planning coming along?" Mifu asked the tactician, who was sitting on his phone.

"Until I actually see the place we're protecting, I can't say anything for certain." Robin sighed as you looked out the window.

Outside the window Jack saw numerous trees of all varieties. He saw evergreens, oaks, birches, and even some jungle trees. All of the trees looked as though they were caked in a layer of glittering dust that was a variety of colors that differed from treetop to treetop. The shuttle finally stopped in the air upon approaching some kind of town and began to lower itself towards the center of the town. From the window Jack could see a lot of old-fashioned houses, and in the distance, he saw a tree that towered over the others and its canopy almost covered the town too. As Jack looked at it, he noticed how some of its branches bloomed flowers with rainbow colored petals. He wondered if it was the same species of plant that the one guy from Hinode who kidnapped the princess grew. The shuttle hovered over the ground and the back hatch opened, and Jack's squad got out and landed on the yellow brick road that made up the streets.

"Wow, I've never seen so many non-humans gathered in one place before." Molly looked around her, and she was right, there were many people here, yet not a single human.

Scattered around the town were numerous stalls for a variety of things. Food, weapons, armor, potions, and more were all available at these stalls run not by humans, but a variety of non-humans. There was a couple of satyrs buying apples from a food vendor minotaur, a bug person selling a goliath a massive greatest, an orc going on a date with an elf, and there was a dwarf talking to his dryad friend in front of the armorsmith who was a fae. Jack was in awe of the amount of different species there were all around him.