Chapter 10: First Day

(Monday, 11th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)
"Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen!"

Above our protagonist's head was some kind of phantom, and given the demonic rune on its forehead, it was probably Alice's summon. It was given orders to wake Jack up, so now that it finished its purpose, it vanished into thin air. Jack looked at the alarm clock that was on the nightstand beside him, and it showed that it was 7:30, meaning classes were in a couple minutes. Jack groaned to himself and got his lazy ass out of bed. Jack put on his prosthetic leg and then some clothes. Jack brushed his teeth, did his hair, and washed his face. Like Jack observed yesterday during his tour, Sanctuary doesn't really have much of a dress code, there's only one unspoken rule about clothes here, and that is that they have to be clothes that one can use on missions. Like if one is a warrior class, clothes that you can fight in would be best. Considering how you can be given a mission at any given moment here, it's best for one to always be ready to enter the fray. They also need to have a brooch somewhere visible on their body, which is the only actual rule. Jack decided to wear a tight black t-shirt, jeans, hiking boots, and his bomber jacket. Jack looked at his jacket and noticed how there was something stitched on the back, kind of like an emblem. It looked to be the fossils of a dragon breathing something like space dust from its mouth.

"Weird design but okay."

Jack didn't even bother thinking twice about this design and put the jacket on his back. Jack grabbed his bag full of books and left his dorm, locking the door behind him. Jack knew his college schedule already, and the only classes that were really classes were strategy, politics, craftsmanship, science, law, geography, history, anthropology, and economics. The rest of his classes were just general training, training for everyone, and mage training, for people in mage training. All his classes serve a purpose, from the obvious like training, to the less obvious. Like helping learn strategies that could help Guardians in the field, allowing them to learn about their landscapes, cultures, local governments, economies, and so on. Jack began walking through the halls, and as he did so, Jack was suddenly hugged by someone from behind.

"Gooood morning Jack!" Alice suddenly hugged him from behind. "Are you ready to start the year with me?"

"Yeah, I am." Jack answered as Alice examined his new emblem on Jack's jacket back as she broke the hug. "Oh hey, you have an emblem too!"

"An emblem?" Jack turned around to see Alice was wearing a tight black long sleeved shirt, ripped jeans, tennis shoes, and her hair was tied back with a black skull ribbon

"Yeah, an emblem has been magically put on our clothes that show our class in our own unique style." Alice pointed at a ruby studded pentagram on her right wrist. "Like I'm a warlock so pentagrams are a must, and you're an archeologist, so fossils come to mind. Wait, why is he breathing this space stuff?"

"Not sure, but come on, we don't want to be late." Jack decided to go to class with his friend, who happily tagged along with him. "By the way, is it a good idea to mention people's emblems?"

"Well it's an aesthetic thing, so not that big a deal."

With that said, Alice and Jack began making their way to their first class, strategy. This college was incredibly different from other colleges, in the way that classes go from 8:00 am to 8 pm. Though there are breaks that allow students to eat, most of their time is spent learning the complications of the world around them. Along the way, Alice and Jack met up with Zane and Galahad, with Zane wearing a dark blue t-shirt with a skull made of cyan 1's and 0's over his heart. They all made their way to the classroom where strategy class was supposed to take place, and they entered the room, noticing how there were 30ish people there. That's weird, they started out with hundreds of people. Jack noticed an empty seat between some scientist girl and a dark haired boy who was rather tall. Jack sat between them while Alice sat in front of Jack, and Zane sat behind Jack with Galahad sitting to Zane's right. The room had no teacher, that is until a dark green blur rushed in.