Chapter 19: Not-So-Familiar Familiar

(Somewhere in Achisi)
(Friday, 30th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)

Deep in one of the many sacred forests of Achisi lies a beast, a beast with scales as black as night, a horse-like mane that shone with all the colors of the rainbow, and eyes that were closed. It's sleeping breath spewed a misty spray that created a rainbow. Half of it's long and serpentine body hid inside the darkness of the cave that was it's home. The sounds of birds chirping and wind blowing through the trees were giving a kind of lullaby to the sleeping beast. The wind suddenly changed direction, and the beast's eyes shot open to reveal that there was now a lime green line of light connected to it. The massive beast crawled out of it's cave to reveal that the lime light was connected to its chest, while also revealing it's massive, draconian form.

"Hm?" The unnamed entity looked down at it's chest. "What's this? Someone finally got me as their familiar? What kind of prank is this?"

The creature examined the light coming from it's chest, as if it were checking the light's authenticity. Once the creature confirmed that this light is the real deal, it let out an annoyed huff, with this huff shooting rainbow mist from it's nostrils.

"Damn, if someone got me as a familiar, they'd better be powerful enough to make I, Tiamat, bow before them." The entity known as Tiamat let out a low growl. "If they're not worth my time, I'll swallow them whole without any mercy."

Tiamat fully left the cave that was her home to begin stomping her way through the forest, following the light, trying to find where it would lead her. Tiamat's massive frame was easily visible from above the treeline, and it looked like the form of a massive, black serpentine dragon with a reflective rainbow mane. Tiamat stretched her long and sleek body, and the very cracking of her bones managed to snap some trees that were close to her body.

"Let's see who this...user is." Tiamat crouched her legs before letting them push her up into the sky, allowing her to fly all the way to the other side of the line of light. Yet she could already tell where the light ended.

(At Sanctuary Academy)
(Tuesday, 1st of Lover's Harp Moon, 2021)

"Man getting shot at is not fun." Jack was complaining about his last mission. "Like, how come Deshret and Atitihad were so trigger happy to just shoot each other on the spot?"

"OH GEE I WONDER WHY!?" Zane sarcastically remarked. "Sarcasm aside, Deshret and Atitihad are both extremely fascist governments, and given how their leaders hate each other, they probably use propaganda 24/7 to make the other side look like a mega-asshole."

Jack was walking down the hall of the dorms with Zane. Jack was telling Zane about his most recent mission that he just came back from when Jack suddenly walked by his dorm's door. Both he and Zane noticed something off about Jack's door compared to when they last saw it.

"Hey, did my door always have a dog door smack dab in the middle of it?" Jack asked before reading the cardboard sign that was taped onto it. "Please dump all useless artifacts in here? Who the hell put this sign here?"

"It says that it was put up here by Herakles." Zane pointed at the bottom right corner of the sign.

"I honestly refuse to believe anyone would be idiotic enough to put their artifacts in some random guy's room." Jack sweatdropped as Zane rubbed the back of his neck. "No one better rob me though, that'd suck."

"Why not check inside to see if anyone dropped any off while you were gone?" Zane suggested, and Jack was reluctant, but had no reason to say no.

"Fine, but if nothing's there, you owe me a pudding." Jack pulled out his door key and unlocked the door, expecting nothing to happen. That is until he opened the door to find a massive gun, flintlock rifle, dice, fishing rod, dual swords, crimson cloak, and a guandao were leaned up against the door. "WHY ARE THESE PRICELESS OBJECTS JUST BEING DROPPED OFF?!"