Chapter 8: Entrance Exam

(Saturday, 9th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)
Jack woke up the next morning with Alice kicking his head in her sleep. Jack noticed the light of day peering through the dark ballroom, signaling the day has begun. Jack woke up his friends and reached into his bag to pull out an energy bar, since Sanctuary didn't provide meals for the first day. Why did they do this? Your guess is as good as Jack's. Luckily, Jack and his friends just packed their own breakfasts. After waking them up, Jack and his allies quickly ate their breakfasts before getting ready for the day. They all put on their combat outfits and dawned their respective weapons, well the twins had each other so they just wrapped their arms around one another, while Othelia went to the garage to grab her mech. An announcement played as all of the potential students were getting ready for the test.

"Hello students, this is Geppetto speaking." Geppetto's voice could be heard on the speakers. "All of you are to report to the arena, you will be assigned matches with a single person. The rules will be explained once you all reach the arena. Don't forget to bring your A-game. Also Alice, don't forget to eat the bento I packed for you and your friends!"

"Your grandfather really seems to care about you, Miss Alice." Mifu pointed out as she cleaned her sword gracefully as Jack began rolling up the sleeping bags to return them to their spots. "Say, where do we place the rolls?"

"I think we will deliver to the laundry chute over there." Othelia pointed at a laundry chute that was on the wall opposite of the ballroom.

"Actually guys, that's a trash chute." A new guy walked towards us looking tired as hell as he cracked his neck. His hair was spiky and orange, with golden irises that reminded you of the sun. He wore a red flower, collared shirt paired with khaki shorts and sandals. This guy also had a double sided Great sword on his back."I heard that there would be some marionette servants coming by to pick up the sleeping bags now that Master Geppetto is back here, so we can just leave them on the ground here."

"AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO DIDN'T KNOW GEPPETTO WAS A BIG DEAL?!" Alice shouted in annoyance like she was throwing a fit.

"Yeesh, you good man?" Nico asked the new guy with the tired expression, who let out a hefty yawn.

"Yeah I'm okay, I just didn't get much sleep last night." The orange haired boy sleepily replied. "I was stuck next to some guy who snores like a sawmill."

"New friend?" Alice suddenly popped out from behind Jack after her little fit and grabbed onto the orange headed man's wrist. "You're our friend now."

"It's too late for this poor soul." Zane suddenly started chanting some kind of sutra. "Wait, what's your name?"

"Oh, my name's Galahad." The newly dubbed Galahad introduced himself.

The group introduced one another in a friendly manner because evidently Alice is either a shonen or a bisexual harem protagonist with the amount of friends she's acquiring. After introducing themselves to one another, they noticed a mannequin-like marionette pushing a cart through the doors, and it began picking up all the empty sleeping bags. They passed by the marionette in question and tossed in their used sleeping bags before continuing down the hall. As they walked, Jack noticed a lot of people, but he couldn't tell if they were students of Sanctuary, refugees, or actual Guardians. Sanctuary doesn't have much of a dress code, the only real rule on dressing up is that it has to be an outfit that one can wear in a fight and it covers enough of one's skin to actually be considered clothes. All of them suddenly reached a flight of stairs to their right, and they went up those stairs. For the record, Jack had no idea where he was going, he was just following Zane, who actually had a map of the building. They continued walking until they found themselves in a large waiting room. On the right wall were two doors separated by gender, and they looked to be locker rooms. On the left end of the room were a flight of stairs. The room had multiple screens hanging down from the ceiling, kind of like an airport. All of the screens were off, but Jack supposed they allowed those in this room to watch the fights from here. Towards the back of the room, Jack noticed a third door with the sign 'Garage Entrance' on it.