Chapter 37: The Assassin

(Saturday, 6th of Verdant Garden Moon)
"Oh hey, it looks like we finally arrived back at Sanctuary." Jack looked up at Sanctuary from the bus that sat in the parking lot.

"About time too." Iris began jogging in place on the bus. "I was getting anxious, I wanted to move around a bit. I can't stand sitting in one place too long, I gotta keep myself moving!"

Chariot was parked outside of Sanctuary's walls, and one by one, each of the group members got out of the bus. Simo looked around the area before giving a thumbs up, and Catherine walked out of the bus wearing Red Riding Hood. Once everyone was out of the bus, Jack put his palm on the hood of the bus, and the bus turned into a brown colored toy truck that could fit in the palm of Jack's hand. Jack put this toy truck in his chest pocket while escorting Catherine to the entrance of the school. Jack's group walked to the front gate of the school, only to see Maui standing there, tapping his foot as though he was waiting for something.

"Guys, psst, you may need to go through the water cave entrance!" Maui did that loud whisper thing whilst constantly checking behind him. When the group reached him, he just whispered normally. "Hassan warned me that his father and Catherine's old man caught wind of what we're trying to pull, so the Heliosian Emperor sent someone to ensure the wedding goes as scheduled."

"Who's Hassan and this other person?" Jack asked, not really following the conversation at all, but he still summoned the Storyteller for no reason.

"Hassan's the name of my fiancé, and he's against the arrangement as well." Catherine looked at you. "Don't tell me you didn't know who my fiancé was, even after you offered to protect him. Wait, isn't he also your classmate?"

"No idea, I never bothered to remember anyone's names." Jack answered whilst looking back at Maui. "So where's this random guard anyways?"

"Nikola's trying to keep him distracted." Maui informed the group, but the sound of someone's footsteps behind him suddenly put Maui on guard. "Well crap, looks like he found us. Not sure what I expected, remember, Hassan is an Atitian Assassin, but the Heliosian guy is much more dangerous than that. He can copy and use abilities."

"A what?" Jack wondered if all nobles were a unique class like that. If so, what was Catherine's class?

"Think 'Time Ninja' and you'd be pretty on the money." Robin scowled as Maui reluctantly stepped aside, unable to do anything. Well, he could punch the guy, but then he'd run the risk of starting a war and violating his truce of neutrality.

"So you finally arrived, Catherine." The one who spoke up was a pale man with slick black hair, wearing a pitch black suit with a red tie. "You remember me, right Catherine? I am Dorian, and I am the one who ensures his majesty's will is always seen through."

"Sorry Catherine..." The guy who was supposedly Hassan was an Atitian man with platinum blonde hair and cyan blue eyes. "Of everyone your father sent, it had to be Dorian?"

"Come on Catherine, let's go talk with Herakles so we can figure out where you'll sleep." Jack held Catherine's hand using his spare hand, ignoring Dorian completely as the two of them walked past him. "Oh Hassan, you wanna come with?"

"Hey, I'm still talking, you heretic!" Dorian suddenly spun around to look at Jack dead in the eyes. "Who are you to deny this marriage that has been decided by the gods themselves?! To defy the Emperor is to defy the will of Sol himself, you have quite the audacity! So who are you?!

"A reality check." Jack scowled at the mann before he continued deeper into the walls of Sanctuary. "Look, neither Hassan or Catherine wanna do this, so get over it."

"They said yes to the arranged marriage, you fool." Dorian had a golden machete in his clasp, around 30 centimeters in length. In the center of the blade, Jack saw a cyan crystal.