Chapter 31: Demons and Children, a Surprisingly Good Combo

(Wednesday, 22nd of Lover's Harp Moon, 2021)
Soon, Simo and Jack both exited the camp office to see that the sun was now setting over the tall tree line, turning the sky dark. Jack saw a line of children walk from their cabins, carrying candles in their hand while dawning pitch black cloaks. The children walked in sync from the cabins, forming a line, down towards the center of the camp, which was down the hill. At the center of the camp, there was a massive bonfire, where the children formed a ring around the flames. Alice and Abigail tended to the flames using a metal rod to move around the wood.

"Looks like the party's about to begin, let's head down there and punch any demons that try anything funny." Matt patted Jack's back and guided him down to the bonfire. As Jack walked with the man, Matt noticed Simo's existence. "Oh hey, he's new."

"Simo, Matt." Jack introduced Simo to the martial artist. "Matt, Simo."

"Nice to meet you...but are you sure your outfit is suited for combat?" Simo looked at Matt's outfit, which was literally just some shorts.

"Yeah, I don't wear much because it restricts my movement." Matt explained to Simo while Hero suddenly appeared beside Jack. "Besides, what's the point of armor if my muscles are harder than steel?"

"...This world is absolutely nuts." Simo commented as the four of them walked down the hill, stopping a little ways from the ritual to observe the rituals.

"Okay kids, remember, if you can't get the flames of hell, just use a match or something." Abigail only spoke after all the campers arrived. "Now, while normal rituals use your own blood, science has proven that was an unnecessary risk, so we can just use red spray paint and stencils. So after y'all finish chanting, come to Alice and I to get your stencils and paint!"

"I never would have guessed that demon summoning could be treated as an arts and crafts activity." Simo sweatdropped while examining the scene before him.

"Well it does require a steady hand." Jack commented on Simo's surprise. "Maybe with the use of stencils, people can focus on other attributes of demon-related classes."

"That would mean more strong opponents for me to fight!" Matt pumped his fist into the air as the children began chanting in a language Jack didn't recognize.

As the children chanted, Abigail and Alice left the bonfire to begin prepping the stencils and spray paint by getting them out of the storage closet. Jack ordered Simo to keep an eye on the kids as he helped the two girls move the boxes and stencils towards a folding table that was randomly placed next to the open field. Jack placed one box on the table while the rest of the boxes went underneath the table. The stencil papers, which were the size of posters, were stacked on top of one another on top of the table. The children soon finished chanting, and threw their candles into the roaring fire, turning the flames a black color. The children then walked to the table, and each one took a can of spray paint and a stencil poster. Each child chose a spot in the clearing and placed the stencil poster down, then they used the spray paint to make a summoning magic circle.

"Alright guys, just walk around for a bit and make sure none of the demons try to cheat these kids." Abigail ordered the group, and Simo decided to walk on top of a hill. "Also, who's that?"

"Some guy I summoned from another world, apparently he died and was brought into this world, I feel like he's a good dude." Jack explained as Abigail examined your sniper rifle.

"Oh hey, that's Robin Hood, the only slayer weapon around here." Abigail pointed out, and of course the only weapon Jack grabbed was a slayer weapon. "You can keep it, it's too bulky, and I got magic so I'm good."

"SEE SIMO, I TOLD YOU IT WAS AN ARTIFACT!" Jack shouted at the man, who prepared his rifle. "WAIT WE DON'T NEED ANYTHING SHOT YET!"

"I know, I'm just preparing to shoot just in case." Simo explained before adjusting the rifle. "Still, Robin Hood? What kind of name for a rifle is that?"