Chapter 43: I'm on a Boat!

(Wednesday, 7th of Dancing Fool Moon, 2021)
Jack was at the dock, with James and Mary preparing their rather beautiful looking ship. Jack had no idea what else to do, so he was helping the two siblings by mopping the deck of the ship. Meanwhile, Mary was inside the ship cabin and James was busy doing a maintenance check below the ship. The rest of the teammates for this mission were Thor, Valerie, Ned, Gaia, Milunka, and Adrian. Of course, Simo and Jojo were coming along as well, Jack had a three for one deal going on!

"Simo, what are you doing?" Jack sniper was on the main port, putting some kind of oil on his guns.

"I don't want my guns to rust, so I'm using Saorise's oil to make them completely immune to water." Simo explained while Jojo laid flat on her stomach, letting herself slide with the waves rocking the boat. "Where are the others?"

"They should be arriving at any moment." Jack answered whilst looking at the pathway to Sanctuary, just to see Milunka and Adrian walking down the path. "Hey you two!"

"Hi!" Milunka greeted Jack enthusiastically while Adrian merely gave a nod of his head. "I'm so looking forward to our first mission!"

"Be careful, this one's a high ranking mission, so it'll be hard." Jack shouted from his spot on the deck. "That's why there's so many of us on this mission."

"I know, but finally we get to do something other than rehab." Milunka walked from the stone piece and onto the elevated dock, allowing her to jump onto the boat with Jack, then Adrian followed suit. "So when do we depart?"

"When the others show up." James came out from beneath the deck covered in black soot from the machinery, and he was cleaning his hands with a white towel. "Thanks for cleaning the deck, Jack, it helps when dealing with the fish smell."

"No problem, so where are we going to sleep?" Jack asked out of the blue, and James shrugged. "...Please tell me this mission is only going to take a day."

"Might take three at least." James informed Jack with a smirk. "Don't worry, the pantry and storage rooms are large enough that you can sleep in there if you got a sleeping bag.

"Greeeeaaaaatt..." Jack let out a sigh as he finished mopping the deck, and then took a seat on a nearby crate.

"Thor has arrived!" Thor jumped onto the deck of the ship, holding a small hammer in his hands.

"Thor, you must calm yourself, we must carry ourselves with dignity on this mission." Valerie flew up onto the boat using a pair of bat wings protruding from his back.

"Looks like I'm the last person on board." Ned got on board, and Jack saw that he had holstered dual revolvers on either side of his chest, while a lasso remained at his side. Wait, Jack noticed a banjo on Ned's back? "I'm not sure why I was chosen for this mission, Seabiscuit can't run on water, so I'm fucked on this mission."

"Maybe it's because the Headmaster wants you to use your own legs for once." Mary walked out of the control room and onto the deck of the ship. "You're always riding that horse around."

"That's because Seabiscuit and I have a special relationship." Ned slapped his legs. "He's the legs, and I'm the guns. Besides, I'm a cowboy, being on a horse is one of the main things."

"Correction, crowd control is the main thing." Valerie made her wings disappear from his back and landed both his feet on the ground. "Wait, where's Gaia? Did someone pick them up?"

"Yeah, they're in the control room of the ship." Mary informed the vampire. "Not sure how they expect to fight, but I'm sure Gaia will come up with something.

"I think y'all are forgetting Gaia is a potted plant." Jack watched as Simo stepped onto the ship deck with the rest of the group.

"Hey, they must have gotten in somehow." Ned rubbed the back of his neck.