Chapter 9: Out of Body Experience

(Saturday, 9th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)
Jack walked out into the courtyard with a key to his dorm room in his hands and his prosthetic leg on. Jack saw Zane sitting on a bench, working his magic on the computer while Galahad watched over his shoulder. Mifu was sitting underneath a tree with beautiful pink leaves gently swaying in the wind. Jack saw Nico and Rico trying to put a beetle in her lengthy pony tail, but Mifu suddenly pulled out a set of kunai from her pockets, she menacingly held the knives with the intent to kill. Othelia was pacing until she noticed me. Othelia was about to say something until a black blur rushed towards Jack at dangerously high speeds before hugging him with all her might. This black blur had both her arms and legs wrapped around Jack's torso while screaming Jack's name.

""JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK, IIIIII DOOOOOON'T WAAAAANT YOOOOUUUU TOOOOO GOOOOO!!!!!!!" Alice screamed with tears comically pouring out of her eyes. "Maybe I can hide you in my room in my husbando body pillow..."

"Actually, I'm staying..." Jack showed off the key to his dorm to his friends, and Alice suddenly gained stars in her eyes.

"YAAAAAAS!" Alice took the keys from Jack's hand and held them high into the air. "Zane, your hacking worked!"

"But I didn't even get past the fifth layer of security yet!" Zane shouted from his bench.

"Hey, maybe that means you did such a good job at hacking the first four layers that they automatically registered Jack for you." Galahad guessed while he put his hands behind his head.

"Yeah, I'm thinking that's it." Jack quickly decided to change the subject of how he became a student of Sanctuary, since telling them that he's Hero's babysitter is top secret information. "So I heard there's a class system around here, what classes did you guys get?"

"Unsurprisingly, I ended up in a support class." Zane held up a white clover brooch. "Well, I'm on a team that's more focused on residential and urban areas, so I'm okay."

"I'm on Zane's team, and I'm the tank of the team." Galahad held up a golden shield brooch. "We have a DPS, but he went off to call someone."

"My teammates are off doing their own thing." Alice held up a black sword brooch. "Unsurprisingly, given my great warlock powers, I was put on DPS duty."

"My case is the same." Mifu showed Jack a black sword brooch. "My swordsmanship and speed weren't like Galahad's, so they put me on DPS duty instead of tank.

"Rico and I ended up on support, even though I was sure I could be on DPS." Nico and Rico both held up white clover brooches. "But then again, all we can really do is turn into magic household items."

"This should come to no surprise, but I was assigned the tank." Othelia showed Jack her golden shield, unsurprising because she drives a mech into combat. "What role did you get Jack?"

"Oh, I got a silver gear." Jack showed them his brooch, before he suddenly realized where he went wrong. Jack told them he had an unusual brooch, now they will be curious about his unique situation. SHIT. "A-As t-to show that I got in because I showed great promise even as I was losing!"

"Ah, I suppose you must be really talented to get in despite losing." Mifu pointed out, and Jack noticed no one seemed suspicious about how he got in anymore, did his dumbass somehow roll a Nat 20 on a deception check? "Now that I think about it, that Hero guy was rather...overpowered...so I for one don't believe fights against him should count."

"I agree, you saw how he tanked that explosion, it was like 20 pounds of TNT, yet that blonde muppet only took like...zero damage!"  Zane threw his hands in the air. "LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL FRICK FRACK FRECK FOCK DUCK FUCK!"