Chapter 5: On the Rails

(Friday, 8th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)
"Are you sure you aren't bringing the bolt action with you?"

"I'm sure."

Jack was currently at the train station with his aunt, uncle, and cousins. Today was the day he left for Sanctuary with his friends. Jack had a suitcase with him, carrying all the necessities he would need for Sanctuary. Since Sanctuary uses a dorm system and already offers almost everything he would need, he honestly just need to bring his clothes, himself, and a weapon if he needed it. However, Jack had a weapon, the lantern that Uncle Enrique led him to.

"Nooooo, my baby is going away to one of the most successful Guardian schools in the world and he might die!" Aunt Matilda was crying while she hugged Jack. "Are you sure you don't want to stay here?"

"Mom, he's dreamt of this since we were kids, let him go." Noemi had Jack's back as she pried her mother off of him. "In all seriousness, if you don't become one of the best guardians out there I'm using your funds to go to Dosneyland with my friends."

"Oi, you better not forget your brother!" Lucius demanded while waving his fists into the air.

"Hey, this is Jack's day, let him have it!" Uncle Enrique chuckled before placing a hand on Jack's shoulder. "In all seriousness, you better not waste your time out there, or I'm withdrawing all our support."

"It's worth noting that Jack got in there because of his talent and skills, so the expenses are quite low." Geppetto walked towards Jack and his family with Alice close behind, the latter of whom had a black backpack along with a pitch black suitcase she rolled behind her. "Besides, I'll be going to Sanctuary with everyone, so I'll keep an eye on them."

"Oh no, we'll have the old man watching over us, the horror!" Rico and his twin, Nico walked towards us. Or was it Nico and Rico? "What do you say, Nico?"

"I'd say we better make like a tree and leave." Nico suggested, and Jack noticed how Nico was dressed slightly nicer than his brother. "Say, where's Zane and Othelia?

"Othelia is probably late, as per usual, but I can't say I have a guess as to where Zane is." Aunt Matilda appeared to know Jack's friends well. "Say, Jack, how is your leg holding up? I noticed you adapted to it much faster than what the doctor thought possible."

"Yeah, the leg almost feels like it adjusts itself to make it easier for me to move, but hey, the sooner the better I guess." Jack looked down at his leg, and it still shone that dim hue of green.

"GUYS, START THE TRAIN!" Zane was running towards the group with a large backpack on his back, and he looked absolutely out of breath. "I discovered my old crush was a douche, so I released all his nudes as revenge!"

"Wait, you had his nudes?" Nico questioned, and before he could press into the matter, Zane cupped his hand over Nico's mouth. "Did you hack into his Kingstagram account again?"

"No not this time, I just asked and he sent them to me!" Zane shouted while his face was beat red. "He is nothing more than a manwhore!"

"Well we still need to wait for Othelia, I wonder why she's late this time." Alice looked around, then she noticed a blonde haired girl with a braid walking towards us with no bags what-soever. "Othelia, where were you?"

"Oh I was setting up my mech in the cargo car, just so it was ready to go to Sanctuary." Othelia informed everyone, which actually seemed like a decent excuse if you ask me. "By the way, I heard Austen's nudes were released on the internet, can you believe it? He was such a douche, always blackmailing people, and now everyone knows how small his pecker is."

"Okay, am I the only person who didn't know Austen was a total dick?!" Zane shouted, gathering the attention of everyone in the train station.

"Yeah." A random bystander pointed out.