Chapter 53: You're in the Sniper's Sights

(Wednesday, 5th of Marching Legion Moon, 2021)
Jack's group exited the tree house to see Yaba was trying to get out through the barrier, but with no luck. Around Yaba's body, there was some kind of blue armor that protected her. Othelia was confused as to what was going on, but the sight of Simo aiming his rifle at the armored woman quickly made her get ready for combat. Othelia prepared her mech, Caroline summoned a bolt of lightning, TJ got his dual glocks ready, and Saorise aimed her LMG. Jack grabbed Jojo by the back of her neck and reeled his arm back, ready to throw the badger at a moment's notice. Meanwhile, Angelo simply stepped forward, with his footsteps radiating pitch black smoke with every step. Vedmak was wearing a unique kind of armor whilst preparing an odd spear in his hand.

"Okay guys, listen, this armor I'm wearing is called 'Aslan', and it gets stronger the more people who are on my side." Vedmak informed everyone. "It's not really suited for a warlock like me, but it's better than nothing. Yaba's armor is Utgard, which is perfect for her because it enhances magic power."

"Wait, you're a warlock?" Jack asked the man, who confirmed the answer with a nod. "I have a friend who may be in danger, and I need your help."

"Let's discuss that after this fight." Vedmak agreed, and Jack summoned Angelus in your spare hand. "HEY, YABA YOU WHORE, GIVE THE DIVINE WEAPON BACK!"

"FUCK YOU, VEDMAK!" Yaba shouted as her palms glowed a gold color and the light began to take the shape of something.

The light in Yaba's hands slowly extended and grew until it took the form of an odd weapon. The weapon took the form of just the hilt of a weapon that had a trigger on it that was the length of the hilt and made of gold. Baba Yaga pressed the trigger of the sword, and there was an ignition sound on the blade before a sword made crystal shot out of the blade. Baba Yaga raised the blade above her head and slashed the blade downwards towards the group. A wave of energy was sent towards all of them, and Jack was almost about to be wiped out before something blocked it.

"Please, as if I'd get hit by such an attack." Angelo had summoned a massive, black barrier in front of the group, blocking the slash from even hitting the group.

"Hey Vedmak, undo the forcefield." Simo asked while he prepared his rifle. "If we let the storm in here, I can take her."

"I'll mark that down as 'considered'." Vedmak ignored Simo's request before Angelo undid the shield that blocked the sword slash. "That forcefield is the only thing keeping her here in the first place!"

Upon dispersing the shield, Saorise fired her machine gun at Yaba, letting bullets fly and filling the area with the smell of gunpowder. The bullets flew towards their target, but the crystal sword of the divine weapon began to change until it became a perfectly round shield. This round shield blocked the machine gun bullets, so Jack prepared to jump towards Yaba. Jack launched himself towards Yaba, and to no one's surprise, the flying witch moved to the side, dodging Jack's attempted strike. Instead, Jack smiled and rang the bell called Angulus. Neither Jack or Jojo were affected, but the ringing clearly shook up Yaba, because it forced her to stop flying and even destroyed the shield. As Baba Yaga fell, Jack threw Jojo at her before he left the barrier. The force of his jump from earlier sent Jack out of the barrier and crashed into a nearby tree. Jack landed against the tree bark and launched himself back into the barrier, seeing that while Yaba was now on the ground, but Jojo was also on the ground, hissing while backing away from Yaba. Yaba ignited the divine weapon once more, and it took the form of a sword once again. Yaba tried going into the air once again, only to be stopped by Vedmak slashing his spear downwards atop the witch.

"Nice try Yaba, but we're keeping you on the ground!" Vedmak pulled the spear back and attempted to stab the witch, but the witch dodged. "Mech girl, keep Yaba on the ground!"