Chapter 6: Oneiro

(Saturday, 9th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)
After some hours of traveling, our group of idiots arrived at the capital of the Heliosian Empire, Oneiro, and got off the train. Othelia had to leave the others to unload her mech, and the rest of the gang began looking around. The scenery was entirely different from the town they just left, they were in a massive city, surrounded by fantastical skyscrapers, streets that were filled with cars, and sidewalks filled with people. Zane had to run by the nearest electronics store to buy some laptop parts since his old one was damaged. Nico and Rico also left to get some supplies they'll need, like pencils, folders, and ammunition for firearms. Alice and Jack were pretty much left alone while Geppetto went ahead to Sanctuary already, since he had some business there he had to take care of.

"So what do you want to do, Jack?" Alice questioned, and Jack didn't know what he wanted to do. "It's 3:00 right now, and we don't have to be at Sanctuary until 5:30, so we can wander around town until then."

"Have I ever been to Oneiro?" Jack questioned, thanks to his amnesia, Jack wasn't exactly certain as to whether or not he has come to Oneiro before.

"You haven't, but I came here before with my grandfather on some business involving Sanctuary." Alice informed her companion as they began making their way away from the trains, still carrying the luggage. "I also know where some weapon shops are, so we can run by them to buy you a new weapon."

"I'm okay, I have a lamp." Jack proudly showed off the lamp in question, and honestly, Alice didn't look too thrilled.

"Jack, you need a weapon, you forgot all your spells and can't even summon a familiar." Alice informed the man, and Jack didn't know what a familiar was, so Alice had to explain. "Magic classes like you and I can summon familiars to act as an extra set of eyes, help in combat, or just act like a helpful pet. Like mine is a flock of ravens."

"So what magic class are you?" Jack asked, he wanted to know what class she was.

"I'm a warlock, and my deal is that I make pacts with demons. I also have dark magic." Alice explained how magic works here, because again, amnesia. "Have you rewatched F*re F*rce yet?"

"Um...no?" Jack didn't rewatch any anime, making Alice sigh to herself, knowing this is gonna take a while.

"Okay, almost everyone in that showuses fire, yet no one uses it in the same way." Alice and Jack were entering the crowded street, luckily, the crowd wasn't dense, meaning it wasn't that hard to move around. "Like the MC shoots fire out of his feet, best girl controls fire from a distance, and the 7th dude is basically god."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Jack questioned, and Jack never knew Alice was such a fan of anime.

"It's an example of how everything works here." Alice's anime comparison actually held a reason? "We are often born with different elements from our blood, like if your dad is a fire user and your mom is a water user, there's a chance you can get either Fire magic, water magic, both magic, or a combination magic like steam. You can also inherit magic from anyone in your family, including ancestors that died thousands of years ago, though you are more likely to get the magic of someone closer."

"What does that have to do with anime?" Jack was now starting to get confused about this.

"Okay, so let's go back to our steam baby I'm naming Steve." Alice has officially named the make up child. "Let's say he has a friend who also has steam magic. Steve shoots steam out of his arms, while his friend shoots steam out of his legs to hover."

"So what you're saying is that everyone has their own unique magic that's special to them and them alone?" Jack asked, and Alice nodded. "So what's my magic?"