Chapter 13: Misty Docks

(Wednesday, 13th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)
"Well...that's a thing."

Damini, Eve, Jack, and Mifu were now outside, in the morning because Damini wouldn't wake up until six hours later. Now that it was broad daylight, they could actually see what damage Jack caused, and considering how one half of the haybarn was now lying bottom up towards the sky, Jack was pretty proud of himself. Now he can see that there was some kind of magic circle spray painted on it. Neither Billy nor Jack had any idea what was going on, but Eve appeared to be looking into it. She appeared to rip off the nose and eyes of her robot and wore them like a pair of glasses. She sat crouched over the magic circle, examining the magic circle with her makeshift glasses while Mifu examined the magic circle.

"Buddy, magic circles like this suddenly don't just pop into existence." Damini put her hands on the man's shoulder. "So did you just put it there, did someone else put it there, or what?"

"I swear, I don't know a darn thing about this magic smagic stuff." Billy was the most confused out of all of them so he couldn't have put the magic circle there.

"This magic circle was painted here some time eight months ago." Eve was still looking at the magic circle. "Billy, when exactly did you get this hay barn?"

"I built this barn two years ago, but I had to replace the roof of it because a really strong windstorm knocked the first one over and broke it." Billy informed them, and Mifu nodded understandingly. "I bought the roof piece from some guy on the internet."

"Could you give us any details about this man?" Eve questioned, and Billy shook his head.

"Sorry fellars, but I wasn't the one who picked it up." Billy then gave the Guardians an explanation as to why that was. "My mana was sick on the day I had to pick it up, so I had to get my uncle father cousin to pick it up for me."

"You mean your uncle, father, and cousin?" Mifu raised an eyebrow as she traced the magic circle with her long sword.

"I said what I said." Billy huffed before kicking the metal sheet roof. "I'm just angry at myself for not noticing this kind of thing sooner. Maybe more of my cattle would still be alive if I did."

"It's fine, don't blame yourself, instead, blame the person who placed that magic circle here." Eve finished scanning the magic circle. "Speaking of, this specific magic circle is designed like a portal. So there's a high chance of someone controlling it from the other side."

"I'd say we go through the portal and show 'em a thing or two." Damini smiled devilishly before realizing that the portal was closed. "So how do we kick their ass if we can't reach them?"

"Oh that's easy." Eve put her makeshift goggles back into her robot's head. "There's a reason transportation magic circles are often hidden. It's because they can be used against the user in some cases, all they need is a little magic, and they'll work like a charm."

"Ah, nice." Damini cracked her neck before cracking her fingers. "So how are we going to do this? There are probably a whole lot of people over there, so we should probably prepare ourselves for a big fight."

"Oh, if y'all are gonna go fight someone, I have something to offer you." Billy's mother, Mama Bobba, was suddenly seen walking towards them, using a cane to balance herself as she held something wrapped in cloth. "A man came by a couple weeks back, and he claimed to give this to the young man over there."

"Me?" Jack pointed at himself in confusion. Who could that man be? "As in Jack Grimm?"

"Indeed...he asked me to give you his tool, as though he predicted you would show up on my doorstep one day." The elderly woman informed Jack before stepping in front of Jack. "I would used it myself, but I can't. I'm too old to use it, and my son doesn't have a fightin' bone in his body, so you should use it. Plus, I would love to see it get the action it wants, it's just been taking up space in my closet."