Chapter 1: The Day He Opened His Eyes

(Friday, 1st of Dawn Star Moon, 2021)
Our hero woke up with a pounding headache.

He sat up on the mattress and looked around, trying to understand where he was. Given the layout of the room, he was in a modern yet fancy room that was an average size, but still appeared to be humble. He didn't know why, but this room felt familiar to him for whatever reason, was this perhaps his room? He didn't remember anything about himself, not even his name. He looked at himself in the mirror nearby, noticing that hewas wearing what appeared to be pajamas, a dust colored shirt with some kind of emblem on it with shorts that had a clockwork pattern on them.

"Is that...me?" His throat was dry and his voice was coarse. Likely from not drinking enough water.

He was a rather fit male in his early 20's. Maybe he was 20 or 21? His hair was short, curly, and dark, his complexion a bit tanned. His eyes were orange in color, and they seemed curious. His legs were covered with the dark green blanket that covered the bed. The only source of light in the entire room was a single wicker lantern that was placed in the middle of his ceiling, which glowed a soft golden light, that combined with the wicker lantern's branches covering most of the light, his room looked like it was covered in stars, which gave the room a soothing feel to it. There was also a window, but a pair of gray curtains blocked the outside world from his view. He ran his fingers through his hair, he felt well enough to get up from the bed, so he slid his legs out from under the covers, but he didn't feel his right leg...maybe it was asleep. He shifted his legs from under the covers with his eyes closed, since he was still a little sleepy, and he placed both his legs on the ground. He was about to walk forward, but instead, he fell onto his stomach, letting out an 'oof' noise in the process. He was confused, so he looked at his legs, and instantly noticed something was off.

His right leg was missing.

The exact parts that were missing were everything below the knee, and luckily, it appears to be a clean cut. He had no bandages covering the missing limb's former place, allowing him to see that it was perfectly healed, and now just a leg missing everything below the knee. How did it get injured in the first place? He tried using the wooden bed frame to support himself to get up, but as he did so, the door burst open to reveal a woman with his hair color and amber colored eyes, followed by a man with black hair, a stubble, and mint green eyes. The woman was wearing a pair of jeans along with a white shirt, while the man wore a plain black shirt with military pants.

"Jack, you're finally awake!" The woman crouched down to hug you while the man crouched next to her, did these people know you from somewhere? "Ever since we found you-!"

"Excuse me, but who are you two?" The man apparently named Jack had no idea who these people were, and the woman looked hurt, as did the man, but the man looked like he was expecting this, but hoping it wasn't true.

"Jack, we're your Aunt and Uncle, she's Aunt Matilda and I'm uncle Enrique." Uncle Enrique appeared to introduce himself and Aunt Matilda, the latter of whom was still crying. "We have two kids, a daughter around your age named Noemi, and a younger son named Lucius."

"Thank you for introducing yourself, but where are your children?" Jack asked, since he wanted to cover all his bases. "Or my cousins?"

"They are your cousins, and they're both busy with their own things. Noemi is visiting some friends of hers and Lucius is at the park with Florence." Enrique explained. "Jack, do you really not remember who we are? Do you at least remember the names of your parents?"

"Parents?" Jack had no idea who his own parents were, odd, shouldn't that be the first thing someone remembers? "I'm sorry, I can't remember anything, is there any chance you can catch me up on what's going on?"