Chapter 54: A Possible Solution to the Voices

(Thursday, 6th of Marching Legion Moon, 2021
After a full night of travel, Bahamut reached Sanctuary and found his way into the stables where Jack all saw Sleipnir playing around with another horse. Bahamut, despite its incredible size, decided to inhabit an old barn house that was no longer in use. Jack's group got off the dragon and began making their way up the stairs that led towards the courtyard to report back from the mission. In Vedmak's hands was Korot and Anton, who were asleep and out of their divine weapon form. During the walk, Vedmak gave Jack Aslan, on account of the armor not really suiting someone like him.

"So, kid, you wanna tell me about your Warlock friend?" Vedmak asked Jack as the group walked towards the main office of Sanctuary.

"Oh, her name is Alice." Jack informed Vedmak. "She's a warlock, kind of like you are, but she's started hearing voices in her head."

"Voices?" Vedmak stepped back, and for the briefest of moments, Jack saw fear in his eyes. "Who are her parents?"

"I don't know." Jack answered the warlock, who suddenly looked incredibly serious. "I have amnesia, and Zane told me mentioning her parents around her is generally a bad idea since they died during 12/12/12."

"Damnit, I've never experienced the voices before, but I know someone who did and went to school with her." Vedmak scowled whilst scratching his beard. "Needless to say, it didn't fucking end well."

"What does that have to do with Alice?" Jack asked Vedmak, who thought for a little bit.

"Vedmak, it's been a while." Geppetto greeted Velmak while Geppetto stood on top of the stairs. "I was honestly considering calling you about my granddaughter, but Herakles was against it."

"Makes sense, since Herakles hates my guts for not taking care of a problem I had no idea how to deal with." Vedmak scratched the back of his neck.

"No he hates you because you used a global peace treaty as toilet paper." Geppetto corrected, and Vedmak only shrugged in response. "So why did you come here?"

"Well my tree house is destroyed because one of your students absorbed some spirit from the tree" Vedmak stated the obvious, and Geppetto knew instantly who did it.

"Jack, apologize for absorbing the tree spirit."

"No."

"Anyway, I'm also coming here for these two." Vedmak gestured to the unconscious bodies of Korot and Anton. "They're a divine weapon, so there's a high chance they'll be targeted by someone like Yaba...what happened to her anyway?"

"Oh I killed her and left her body in the snow." Simo answered flatly while adjusting his rifle.

"What were you in your past life, sir?" Geppetto asked Simo with a somewhat concerned expression on his face.

"I was a soldier, second lieutenant to be exact." Simo answered once again, and Geppetto focused on the domovoy brothers.

"Vedmak!" Herakles came walking towards your group with Eddy and Maria. "I thought I told you never to come here again!"

"I know, I just came here to drop off Korot and Anton, then I'll be on my merry way." Vedmak scowled upon the sight of Herakles walking towards him.

"Wait, Herakles, we need his expertise to help with my granddaughter, Alice's situation." Geppetto glared at Herakles, and Vedmak's scowl was swiftly replaced with a jaw-dropped fear.

"So it's like I feared, this 'warlock friend' I've heard of is the granddaughter between you and 'her'." Vedmak stared at Geppetto, who nodded. "Damn, that explains why you all are so concerned about these 'voices'."