Chapter 4: Burn out

(Thursday, 7th of Dawnstar Moon, 2021)
"Jack, what on Desponia are you doing here?!" The girl known as Alice shouted at Jack while stomping over to him. "You're not supposed to be here!"

"Why? Cause I lost all my memories?" Jack asked the girl while pulling out his rifle and aiming it at the salamander.

"No, because you're injured!" Alice gestured to Jack's right leg, which now had a prosthetic.

"She wants to marry you and she can't do that if you die!" Rico walked towards Jack wearing a red panda onesie and a mirror wrapped around his right foot. In response to this statement, Alice blushed bright red and threw a piece of rubble at Rico, who dodged it.

"So is it just us here?" Jack asked before noticing that the Salamander was charging up a fireball above its head. "We should move!"

"Good idea!" Alice pushed Jack behind some rubble while Rico took the hit, or more specifically, he let the mirror take the hit, sending it into the sky somehow.

With that said, the three of them ran behind some cover, where a blue haired boy with a computer was wearing a suit and tie for some reason. "Oh hey Jack, you look well."

"Jack, this is Zane, and he tried asking his crush out tonight, so that's why he's wearing the tuxedo." Alice introduced Zane. "Unfortunately, Jimmy ghosted him, good news is that Jimmy's car got wrecked."

"Hey! I was hoping Jack would forget about my failing dating life!" Zane shouted with tears threatening to come out of his eyes.

"If it makes you feel better, we're all failures." Rico unwrapped the mirror from his ankle and used it to look behind the cover. "Nico and I are failures at education, Alice is a failure in honesty, Jack is a failure in socializing, and Othelia is a failure at arriving on time."

After he said that, the Salamander was suddenly struck in the chest by a missile, and all of them turned their attention to the source of the missile to see a sturdy yet slow looking mech.

"Are you guys okay?" The voice boomed from the mech, and it was clearly female from the sound of it.

"Yeah, where were you this whole time!?" Rico shouted as he wrapped his mirror back around his ankle.

"I was asleep." The girl inside the mech, supposedly Othelia, announced to the group. "I mean, it's 11:30 at night, and I go to bed at 8:30, so it's obvious that I will be asleep."

"Why do you go to bed so early?!" Zane shouted at the mech pilot as he continued doing something on his computer.

"Because I wake up earlier than all of you on a daily basis!" Othelia shouted as the salamander rushed towards her with its first covers in flames, and it tried clawing at the armor of the mech, but the mech deflected the blows. "Hey guys, any chance you all can help me out?"

"Oh right, almost done!" Zane pressed a key on his keyboard, and suddenly, all the fire hydrants began shining like police lights. The fire hydrants rose themselves a meter or two before they all began shooting out water from their sides, effectively becoming larger and more powerful sprinklers. They shot out water over a large area, putting out the fires and causing the flames on the salamander's body to disappear. "And that's how you hack into a town sized security system." Zane suddenly realized that the water was getting all over his computer. "No, my baby!"

"F in the chat." Alice rolled her eyes before pulling some kind of wand from her pocket. "Othelia's mech is water resistant, but it will move slower, so we should help her out."

Rico jumped from behind the cover towards the salamander while Jack bean shooting at the Salamander, and due to it not having any fire to back it up, the Salamander was actually taking damage. Not a whole lot to be honest, the damage The bullets Jack shot looked like paper cuts on the salamander, but better than nothing. As for Othelia, her missiles did cause some bruises onto the salamander, but not enough to really be considered a viable threat. As for Alice, she began using some kind of chalk on the edge of her wand to make a magic circle on the ground in the middle of the street, and it was most likely some kind of waterproof chalk she was using, because the chalk wasn't affected by the water.