Chapter 28: Rainbow Flower

(Thursday, 16th of Lover's Harp Moon, 2021)
Riding Sleipnir, Jack made his way towards the castle on the hill, with Jojo clinging onto his back while her head laid on Jack's shoulder. Leia had a cable connected to the back of her neck, which was plugged into Ebony Horse's control console. Sleipnir rode towards the castle in the dark of night, only to be illuminated thanks to the lanterns above. Even with the giant lanterns hovering overhead, the path towards the giant flower's castle was dark and hard to make out. Ebony Horse rode slightly behind Jack, carrying Luna and Rasputin on its back and Leia riding inside its cockpit. The darkness of the path before Jack made it almost impossible to see ahead, but Ebony Horse had headlights, so it helped some. Weirdly enough, Sleipnir didn't appear to come across any obstacles. That is until Jack saw a massive boulder up ahead. Sleipnir didn't stop though.

"Sleipnir, you may want to stop!" Jack began sweating as Sleipnir ran towards the boulder. "I don't feel like dying today!"

Sleipnir kept on rushing towards the boulder, and Jack braced for impact. With his eyes closed, Jack wasn't sure how many seconds passed, but Jack slowly opened one eye to see that the boulder parted in half. Jack looked on either side of him to see that the boulder was split perfectly in half, creating a kind of path for Sleipnir. When Sleipnir ran out from between the rocks, the rock suddenly pieced itself together. Sleipnir's ability appeared to be the ability to part any obstacle that stands in its way. Meanwhile, Ebony Horse just crushed the boulder underneath it's massive foot.

"How much farther until we reach the castle?!" Luna shouted from the head of Ebony Horse. "My ass is starting to hurt!"

"We have arrived." Leia's voice came from Ebony Horse's mouth.

True to what Leia said, the four have arrived at the castle, or five if one counts Sleipnir. The castle before Jack looked like a massive palace with an even more massive tower, with the giant flower shooting out from the tower. Leia disconnected herself from Ebony Horse, and used her jetpack to shoot herself upwards.

"Okay, so how are we going to do this?" Jack asked his team as Rasputin landed on the ground, while Luna fell face first onto the ground. "We can use Ebony Horse's cannon to blast a hole in the palace."

"I don't think that will be a wise idea, at least until we find out where Princess Hina is." Leia scanned the entire building. "There are at least 10 samurai on every floor, accompanied by 5 ninjas. There are 5 floors, and Hina is on the top most one, with one other person holding a very powerful object. Luckily, it appears that he's alone with Hina, talking to her."

"So you're saying high levels of violence and destruction won't work this time?" Jack asked, and Leia nodded. "Well, I've exhausted every tool in my arsenal. My hand magic focuses on utility, and its few offensive spells can cause collateral damage."

"I should be fine, since my holy light magic doesn't cause collateral damage." Rasputin had golden electricity covering his hand. "Still, some backup would be nice."

"I'll use Red Riding Hood and Stone Cutter." Jack summoned the red cloak and pickaxe in your hand. "Luna, you win?"

"Yeah, you guys are gonna need my luck!" Luna pulled out her revolver and Jack noticed an attachment you didn't notice earlier, a rabbit's foot keychain dangling off the hilt.

"Very well, I'll wait for you all to cause a distraction, then I'll rescue Princess Hina." Leia suggested, and the rest of them agreed to the idea. "I wish you three luck."

"Thanks Leia, we'll need it." You thanked the girl before Luna suddenly smacked Jack in the arm. "What was that for?"

"I AM THE LUCK!" Luna shouted whilst pumping her hands up into the air.