Chapter 17: Familiam

(Author's Note: Just a head's up, there is a scene here which can be seen as insulting to Muslims. That was not the intention, instead, it was meant to insult extremist Christianity. Wait shouldn't I be apologizing to Christian's then? I sincerely apologize if you are offended by the scene.)
(Friday, 29th of Dawnstar Moon)

After some time, Molly, Hero, and Jack arrived at the border.

The border is where the two deserts met, and was underwhelming to be honest. The desert sun was covered up by a thick layer of black and grey clouds, almost as though it was going to rain soon. It was a massive desert canyon, sections into layers. There were three layers, with each one having a different length, but all went across the border as far as the eye could see. The layers were stacked on top of eachother, kind of making it look like a massive step of rocky stair steps mirroring each other in the desert rock. On either side of the canyon, were different kinds of tents. Scattered around the canyon were several pieces of mining equipment, like drill trucks. The largest pieces of equipment were massive cranes, but they didn't have the crane part, instead, they had a massive roller attached to them with spikes. Jack noticed that most of their backs were attached to the earth. Why were the backs attached to the cliffs? There was a massive stone bridge connecting the two sides, so they decided to stop at the bridge. There was no one outside, other than a few soldiers, who were giving them distrustful stares. Jack parked Ebony Horse right on the bridge. The three of them stood on the mech's back, and Molly handed Jack a megaphone.

"OKAY LISTEN UP EVERYONE, WE'RE GUARDIANS!" Jack spoke into the megaphone, and given how loud it was, everyone and their mother could hear them. "We're here to settle a dispute between the two countries, so DO NOT SHOOT US!"

"We won't shoot you, but we can't say the same for those snake fuckers over there!" One of the soldiers on the Atitihad side pointed their rifles towards the Deshret side.

"Well we won't shoot 'em, we'll wait for you guys to shoot them so you'll die at the hands of Herakles you religious freaks!" A female soldier from the Deshret side shouted on the opposite end of the canyon.

"Hey, could a guide or something help us out here?" Jack asked, and no one stepped up. "Guess not, Molly, do you know anything about this place?"

"Let me think..." Molly began pacing around on the bridge, clearly deep in thought. "Well, this place was a mine on the border of Atitihad and Deshret."

"How useful." Jack sarcastically sweatdropped then looked at Hero. "Hero, you got any idea-?"

"Ooohhh, shiny." Hero was on the layer below them now, looking at an ore vein that had some crystals popping up.

"Oh the things I put up with."

Jack decided to explore the area a bit to learn what the heck was going on here. Jack started off by looking around, trying to find a starting point for me to work with. His eyes landed on some of the mining equipment. I walked up to the mining equipment and examined it. It was massive, with the wheels alone being my height. Jack reached onto the platform and used the platform to pull himself up. His plan was to find traces of something that could lead him to the culprit. When he lifted himself high enough, Jack placed his leg on the platform to pull the rest of his body up. Jack rolled onto the platform and opened the door to the cabin that had the controls to the drill.

Then Jack began his search.

(Meanwhile, somewhere in Hajaar)

Zane and Galahad were assigned a mission to one of the many jungles in the Hajaar region. Their exact mission? Slay the giant tiger that has been killing a series of hikers. Of course, while Galahad is most suited for this mission, Zane is most not, so he was wondering why Herakles paired them up together. Still, Zane was incredibly grateful to him because of the scene he was staring at before him. He and Galahad set up a temporary camp next to a lake, and Galahad decided he was going to take a dip in this said lake. Galahad was currently shirtless, wearing only his boxers as he emerged from the water, glistening wet pulling his hair back. Galahad's glistening six pack and biceps clung to the droplets of water that remained on his body.