Chapter 32: Rattle 'Em Boys!

(Wednesday, 22nd of Lover's Harp Moon, 2021)
Jack couldn't see it well at first, but Jack could have sworn he saw a massive skeleton outside. Before Jack could ask anything though, the building suddenly tilted, and gravity began pulling everything to the lowest point like a slide. The demons picked their children up by their shoulders and summoned their wings to fly the children out of the building through the windows. So that left Jack, Hero, Matt, Alice, Abigail, and Simo alone in what is quite possibly the worst slide ever. The table began sliding, and it would have crushed Jack, Simo, and Alice if it collided with the wall. Jack placed his palm on the table, and extended the other one towards the wall to use the ability he got from Abigail earlier that day.

"Path of the Ocean: Frozen Hunger!" Jack's hands glowed a cyan blue color, and piece by piece, the table was covered in frost.

The wall was swiftly approaching Jack, but the moment his palm made contact with it, the wall was covered in frost. Due to the angel of the sliding table, Jack collided with the wall first, and the wall shattered like glass. Jack fell onto the grass and were about to get up, only for Simo and Alice to land on top of Jack. Matt, Hero, and Abigail all landed on the ground beside the three. The three of them stood up and looked around the camp, noticing six massive skeletons were lifting up the cabins, offices, and even the mess hall they were just inside of.

"What the hell?!" Abigail shouted in disbelief of the giant skeletons. "Well, I hired y'all for a reason. I'm gonna go check in on the kids and demons."

"Good, my muscles were getting tense." Matt excitedly looked at the skeletons. "Okay, I'll handle all of them, you guys go ahead and just do your own things."

"Hey, we're not useless, so count us in!" Alice prepared a sharpie and began drawing a magic circle on her palm.

"I'll help!" Hero unsheathed his short sword, and Jack summoned Ebony Horse behind you.

"Okay...Matt, you take the South, Hero takes the West, Alice has the East, and I go North." Jack scanned the area ahead to see 13 skeletons total, counting the ones he saw earlier. "Simo, you provide covering fire and back us up."

"Got it." Simo cocked his rifle and the four people went in their respective directions to begin the fight.

Matt began running south, where 20 skeletons roamed as though they were searching for something. Matt smiled before jumping into the air, his powerful legs sending him up to the head of one skeleton, followed by Matt delivering a powerful roundhouse kick that sent the skull of the skeleton flying clean off, with the skull colliding with the skulls of four other skeletons. The flying skull didn't lose the slightest bit of momentum after obliterating the first skull, nor the second, nor the third or fourth skulls. Instead, the skull kept on flying through the night sky until it was no longer in view. Matt landed on one of the untouched cabins, and one of the remaining giant skeletons tried crushing the martial artist from above using its massive and powerful fist. The fist collided with Matt, only for the skeleton to suddenly hear a yawn.

"I'm not sure what I expected, since you have no muscle." Matt was using only one hand to hold the skeleton's fist above his head with seemingly minimal effort. "Might as well enjoy what I can."

Matt grabbed the skeleton's hand with the same arm he was blocking it with and pulled it, ripping the skeleton's arm straight off before using that arm like a baseball bat to strike the giant skeleton's chest. The swing held so much force that the entire rib cage and spine shattered, dropping the rest of the bones along with it. Matt turned his attention to the seventh skeleton who gathered his attention, which was about to stomp on him. Matt barely even flinched at the skeleton, and used the sixth skeleton's arm to crush the seventh's torso like he did with the sixth. Matt let out a tired yawn before noticing a loose tile on the roof. Matt picked up the tile and aimed it at three of the skeletons, and then he threw it. There was a powerful boom, signaling that the throwin tile had surpassed the sound barrier. When the tile passed the three skeletons, the force of the passing wind alone crushed their bodies and forced them to collapse. Matt then turned his attention to the 10 remaining skeletons.