Chapter 41: The Case of Bird Man is Solved

(Friday, 26th of Verdant Garden Moon, 2021)
"Damn...what the hell was going on..."

Jack was biting his thumb nail whilst exiting the creepy and almost abandoned building, clutching the object that the bird man was holding on to earlier before he ran off. Jack looked at the object using his limited source of light, and Jack saw that it was a torn family picture, just like the one from the little girl's room. The difference was that this one was only of the father of the family, with the parts involving the mother and daughter being torn from the image. Jack's guess was that the bird man took the missing piece of the photo with him, but why?

"Boss, you okay?!" Simo rushed to Jack spot in the room where the bird man once was.

"I'm okay, did you or Saorise shoot bird man?" Jack asked the sniper, who shook his head. "Good, because I think there might be something bigger going on here."

"What makes you think that?" Simo wondered whilst Jojo stuck her head out the window to begin hissing at the sky.

"This thing's intellect is surprisingly keen." Jack showed Simo the picture. "This was only torn recently, and I only saw the bird man tear the paper. There's a photo just like it in the other room, and he managed to perfectly cut out the image of the pregnant wife and daughter."

"Why would he do that though?" Simo wondered whilst looking at the image. "We need to investigate this family as soon as possible to see if they have a connection to the bird man."

"Good idea, let me grab the full photo." Jack walked to the daughter's room and grabbed the framed photo that was hanging next to the door frame. "After this, we should probably make a grave for them just in case they're dead."

Jack grabbed the photo, and left the building alongside Simo and Jojo. TJ was outside with his glocks aimed towards the sky, wanting to shoot but he wasn't sure if the bullets would meet their mark. TJ holstered his pistols and glared into the air.

"TJ, we're heading to the police station, or wherever they keep records of people who lived around here." Jack hopped onto Sleipnir's back. "I'm following you, since you have the GPS."

"Got it, and I'm glad you had better luck than I did." TJ jumped into the jeep and started the engine. "I didn't find shit."

"Well the place is in ruins, so that's kind of expected." Jack remembered that the inside of the house was in ruins.

With that, the group went through the tropical forest once more, following the dirt path back to civilization. This time, Jack was the one following the jeep with the GPS. Half an hour passed, and Jack's group soon arrived in the town closest to the hotel. Whilst in the town, Jack saw that the nightlife was just as busy as the day life. Bars were bustling with people and clubs were roaring with noise. Neon purple, blue, and red lights stained the black road like a dance floor. Sleipnir seemed a bit nervous thanks to all the loud noises, so Jack stroked the horse's neck to help calm it down. Jack's group went through the town before arriving at a brick building with a giant police badge hanging over the glass double doors. TJ parked on the curb outside of the station, and Jack got off Sleipnir. Jack had no need to tie Sleipnir anywhere, since he could summon the horse to him if it wandered too far. The group walked into the police station to see a lone police officer at the front desk, resting his hands behind his head and feet on the desk. His cap was covering his eyes, was this man asleep?

"Oi, officer, we need help looking for someone." Jack slammed his hand on the desk, jolting the officer awake. Jack watched him swiftly get his feet off the table and adjust his cap to look more professional whilst his eyes were glued to Jack's silver colored gear.

"Of course, Sir, who do you need to find?" The police officer had to go along with a the group's orders so long as they didn't break any existing laws in Mokupuni, same goes for all police officers around the continent, except they use their own countries' laws.