Chapter 26: Roll for Luck

(Wednesday, 15th of Lover's Harp Moon, 2021 )
Jack was on a massive navy ship, but it's not the one that Mary and James owned, this was a standard ship used by Sanctuary. On this ship, Jack sat on Ebony Horse, which lay parked on the upper deck of the ship. Jack could have summoned it using the watch your mother gave him, but it would have taken up massive amounts of energy. Jack had his trucker's cap covering his face as he took a nap, or at least trying to take a nap. The sound of some guy praying made that very hard to do. Unfortunately, that person who was praying was one of Jack's allies for the mission, Rasputin. Rasputin had short, blonde hair, a cap, and wore black colored priests robes. There was a rosary around Rasputin's neck

"Oh good lord, please let this mission be a success!" Rasputin chanted as he prayed to a golden depiction of the sun. "Let Princess Hina Suiko Tennō arrive at her destination safely!"

"Rasputin, I don't wanna seem rude or anything, but is there any chance you could pray a little quieter?" Jack sat up on the mechanical dinosaur and took his hat off his face, allowing Jack to see that the mesh back of the hat was orange, the bill and front were gray, while the front had a depiction of an orange skull. "I'm tryna sleep."

"Oh I would, but Leia's engine would make it hard for the Lord to hear me!" Rasputin passive aggressively looked at the ocean. "Instead, I feel as though my Lord is hearing the ocean."

"I'm not exactly sure if that's how this works..." Jack commented before putting his hat back onto his head. "Where's Luna and Leia?"

"Luna's gambling like a sinner, and Leia is hovering over the water." Rasputin then eyed Jack's machinery. "You know, I've always wondered something about you. Mind if I ask you a question?"

"Shoot." Jack laid back on Ebony Horse with his hands behind his head and looked at the priest.

"I noticed you're trying to collect all the slayer weapons, are you trying to play a false god or something?" Rasputin questioned, and Jack wasn't sure whether or not that was a hidden insult or not.

"Let me think." Jack leaned back to look up at the sky and put his left leg on top of the right. "I ain't got much of an interest in playing god, all I know is that I wanna get stronger and sleep."

"Ah, good, because if you were, I'd have no choice but to put you down." Rasputin's hand was covered in a golden light, and Jack prepared himself to enter Ebony Horse just in case Rasputin tried to fight him. "After all, there is only one true god, and any one who claims to become a god shall be struck down with my blessings."

"You know, if I can go one mission without running into a religious freak, I'd be so happy."

Lucky for Jack, the fight was avoided with the door to the deck below opened to reveal Luna walking out with six paper bags full of money. Luna's class was gambler, but Jack's not sure about what else there is to her. Luna wore a red and grey striped shirt, a loose jacket that was red in color, a brown skirt, leggings, and shoes. Weirdly enough, her most iconic trait was her messy, white hair that were tied into twin tails behind her head. Luna walked towards Jack with the paper bags of cash and spoke to you, requesting a favor.

"Hey, is it cool if you hide my dough in your giant t-rex looking thing?" Luna requested whilst holding the bags up. Luna also had heavy bags under her eyes. "It hasn't happened yet, but my talent is gonna bite me in the ass in a bit."

"Um, sure?" Jack summoned Harlequin to reach the axe head downwards, and used it's design as a hook. Luna put the holes of the straps of the bags on the axe, and Jack pulled up all six bags and placed them inside of Ebony Horse. "What do you mean by that?"

"Whenever I use my Rabbit's Foot talent, something bad of equal value happens for every good thing I do." Luna informed Jack. "The longer I use it, the worse the incident is."