Chapter 6

Their last month with the Dursleys wasn't fun. True, Dudley was now so terrified of Harry, but mostly Delilah, that he wouldn't be in the same room as either of them. The Dursleys pretended that any seat with Harry or Delilah in them was empty so Delilah read while Harry played with his owl, who had been named Hedwig after someone in A History of Magic.

On the last day of August Delilah decided it was time to ask the Dursleys to drive them to King's Cross the next day, so Delilah went to the kitchen with Harry at her side.

Harry coughed. Dudley screamed and shot out of the kitchen while Uncle Vernon continued to read his paper.

"We need you to drive us to King's Cross tomorrow at 10:30 so we can go to Hogwarts," Delilah announced, getting straight to the point.

Uncle Vernon grunted. She decided that was a yes.

"Thank you, we'll see you tomorrow morning then."

"The train is a funny way to travel to a magic school. Magic carpets all got punctures, have they?"

Delilah didn't respond.

"Where is this school, anyway?"

"I don't know." Harry said, his eyes widening slightly.

Delilah pulled the ticket Hagrid had given her out of her pocket.

"We just need to take the train from platform nine and three-quarters at eleven o'clock," she read.

Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon stared at her.

"Platform what?"

"Nine and three-quarters."

"Don't talk rubbish, there isn't a platform nine and three-quarters."

"Well that's what it says on our tickets."

"Fine. I'll take you to King's Cross Station. But only because we'll be in London anyways. Otherwise I wouldn't bother."

"Why will you be in London?" Delilah asked, curious.

"We're getting Dudley's tail removed. We can't have him go to Smeltings with it."

Delilah took that as her cue to leave and walked up to their bedroom, Harry at her heels.

The next morning Delilah woke up even earlier than usual. She glanced at her brother. How he always slept in was beyond her.

Delilah quietly got up and changed. She would put on her robes on the train as it would look weird if they walked into a Muggle train station wearing wizard robes.

She checked around the room to make sure all of their stuff was packed in their trunks, and that they had everything on their list as Harry finally got out of bed.

At half past ten Uncle Vernon strapped their trunks onto the car and drove them to King's Cross. When they got there he put their trunks onto a trolley, which Delilah thought was uncharacteristically like him. So why was he? It soon became clear as he led them to platform 9 and 10.

"Here's platform 9, and there's platform 10. Your platform should be somewhere in the middle, but they don't seem to have built it yet."

The Dursleys walked away, laughing.

Harry made to start looking elsewhere, but Delilah stopped him.

When he looked confused she explained, "The platform should be around platforms 9 and 10, we should see some wizarding families coming, we just need to wait."

Harry nodded and they sat on a bench near platforms 9 and 10 that also showed the entrance so they could see people coming and going.

After about ten minutes, Delilah saw a group of three people walking quickly to where they were sitting, and they had an owl.