Chapter 28

There were gingers all along the Gryffindor table, even more than usual. Almost all the Weasleys had come to watch Harry, making the Gryffindor table look even more red than it usually did.

Lunch ended too quickly, and it was back to exams. All of them were ok, but Delilah was glad she had studied. The only ones she was truly confident in were Alchemy in Potions, but those always had been her best subjects. Charms class was also up there.

And then, as torturously and quickly as they had started, the exams were finished, and it was dinner time.

Dinner was fancy. It was normal, but the food was bigger, better, and more exotic. There also seemed to be more courses than usual. It was nice, but very filling. Delilah was full long before the food cleared itself and Dumbledore stood up. Silence fell.

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes' time, I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch field for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman down to the stadium now."

Delilah applauded with everyone as Cedric, Harry, Fleur, and Krum left the Great Hall.

True to Bagman's words, five minutes later everyone was asked to go down to the Quidditch pitch.

Delilah quickly grabbed her bag before nervously headed down, hand in hand with Draco.

"He'll be fine," he reassured her.

"I know," Delilah said with a sigh. "It's just while my brain knows he'll be fine, it can't convince my heart, you know?"

Draco slowly nodded before gasping.

"What did they do to the Quidditch Pitch?!" he exclaimed.

It was barely recognizable. There were hedges that reached so high into the sky that Delilah could barely make out the top.

"They'll get it back by next Quidditch season, don't worry."

Draco nodded, still looking like someone had hit his dog with a blue hairbrush.

Delilah gave a small smile and pulled him along to a decent seat. It was right near the middle, but still had a good view of the area.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each — Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second place, with eighty points — Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place — Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"

Delilah clapped loudly for Harry, but still politely clapped for the other three.

"So... on my whistle, Harry and Cedric!" said Bagman. "Three — two — one —"

He gave a short blast on his whistle and Harry and Cedric hurried forward into the maze. Delilah tried to watch, but before long they were out of sight. A few minutes later, Bagman turned to Krum.

"Next, Mr. Viktor Krum! On my whistle. Three — two — one —"

The whistle sounded again and Krum hurried forward. He too was out of sight a moment later.

"And lastly, Miss Fleur Delacour! On my whistle, three — two — one —"

And Fleur entered the maze. As soon as she was out of sight, the crowd grew quiet. All the champions were in the maze.

Delilah made eye contact with Fred and George, giving a subtle nod, letting them know that she had done her part of the prank. They nodded back and Delilah checked the time. In five minutes, the prank would be pulled.