Chapter 19

Luckily for Draco, the next day showed that no one was as interested in Ron's accident as they were in Katie's. Since he had been in the Potion master's room they believed it truly had been an accident. Harry, of course, was too suspicious to believe that.

"Hey Delilah, can we talk for a minute?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Have you noticed Malfoy leaving the school grounds recently? Or doing anything suspicious?"

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Of course this was about Draco. What else would he want to talk about?

"No, but next time you want to talk to me it better be about something other than Draco. And shouldn't you be focusing on the match instead of your obsession with my boyfriend, Mr. Quidditch Captain?"

With that she turned and walked away. But before she was out of earshot, Harry recovered and shouted, "Can you keep an eye on him though?"

This time she didn't resist.

Over the next few days Delilah continued her normal routine. She got up, went to class, did homework, and worked on the cabinet. Well, Draco was the one working on the cabinet. Delilah was focused on making sure they didn't fall behind in classes.

So while everyone was excitedly heading towards the Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff Quidditch match, Delilah had decided to find the quietest, most out of the way, corner of the library and work there while Draco was working on the cabinet.

It wasn't too bad, she just reworded her own work and made her handwriting look like Draco's, something she had perfected over the course of the year. At the beginning of the year she had practiced on a separate piece of parchment so the teachers wouldn't notice, though she still was surprised none of them did.

She had just started on her complicated Alchemy homework when she heard 2 people making their way through the bookshelves to her table.

She kept her head down, pretending not to hear, but kept an eye on the situation.

"Be quiet, or Madam Pince will hear us," a girly voice said.

"Don't worry, she won't care as long as we leave her precious books alone. Anyway, we should- What are you doing here? Why aren't you at the match? Is everything alright?" Miguel had spotted Delilah. He seemed taller than she remembered. He might even be taller than her now, though that wasn't very hard, at least according to Draco.

"Everything's just peachy," Delilah said, trying to keep the sarcasm out of her voice. "I'm just trying to figure out how Slughorn wants us to write the ironic formula of irony. Snape taught us a completely different way, and Slughorn won't accept it. Why aren't you at the match? And who's your lovely friend?"

Miguel blushed.

"Yeah, this is my girlfriend, Anne Mildrum. We were looking for somewhere to study."

Delilah studied Anne. She was a rather pretty Hufflepuff with short, wavy brown hair and bright blue eyes. She seemed nice enough, but it was hard to tell with Hufflepuff's. They all acted kind, but if you ever insulted one of their friends, they would start their revenge and you'd be lucky to survive it.

Delilah raised her eyebrows and smiled knowingly. She may not have realized how old Miguel had gotten, even though she knew he had been made Prefect, but she could tell from Anne's guilty face that they weren't going somewhere to study....

"Well then, you have fun with that. If you have any questions, especially with Potions, don't hesitate to ask," she said, grinning mischievously at Miguel, hoping he knew he was going to get teased mercilessly.