Chapter 13

Over the next few days Delilah barely managed to stay on top of her homework, and Draco was doing no better. Each night they both stayed up late finishing their homework and every morning they got up early so their professors could give them even more. It was ridiculous, but Delilah made sure not to fall behind. She even managed to improve her vanishing spell so she didn't have to practice them anymore. Yet it still seemed so long, and so pointless.

To add on to their misery, winter break wasn't for another two months. Yet the fifth years did have a glimmer of freedom down their dark, homework filled path. The first Hogsmeade weekend was coming up on the first October weekend.

So, when Delilah woke up Friday morning she felt optimistic for the weekend. She sleepily got ready and went to the common room. It was a mess.

All the green and silver had turned a mix of the other house colors, mainly Gryffindor red and gold.

When Draco came in, his tie was red and gold, and his hair was gold. Delilah looked down and saw that her tie was also Gryffindor colors. She cursed in a mix of English and Parseltongue.

"Wow, watch your language," Draco teased, grinning. He looked down and it slowly faded. "At least the stupid Ravenclaws didn't do anything to your hair."

"True, and we can plot our revenge," she pointed out.

"Wait, I thought you already had it planned?"

"I have a general idea, but not the fine details," Delilah said, grabbing her bag as they left the room. "We can take a pitstop to McGonagall and get her help for the ties. I can't believe they managed to get all of mine. She'll have to show us the charm."

"We should leave one like that though," Draco argued.

"Why?"

"So if we get in trouble they'll take the points from Gryffindor."

Delilah laughed.

"You're brilliant. Hello Professor."

McGonagall was coming out from her office, about to go to breakfast.

"What are- what happened to your hair?" she incredulously asked.

Draco studied his shoes and mumbled something under his breath.

McGonagall turned to Delilah.

"The Ravenclaws pranked us. Don't worry, we already have retaliation planned." Delilah hastily added, "Nothing that will hurt them or their studies."

She didn't look convinced, but didn't argue. She was smart enough not to interfere with the Ravenclaw-Slytherin prank war.

"So what are you coming to me for?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"We were wondering how to reverse the charm, I think they used Calavera."

"Colovaria," she corrected, "And it's a simple enough charm that Finite Incantatem works."

Delilah smacked her hand against her forehead.

"Of course, I should have thought about that."

She took off her tie and muttered, "Finite Incantatem," and it returned to its normal colors. Delilah put her tie back on and fixed Draco's, but left his hair.

"You can fix that one," she said, grinning.

McGonagall smiled.

"Well, now that that's taken care of, I'll see you later for class. Don't forget to bring your homework," she announced before leaving.