Chapter 10

The next morning, Delilah saw Draco looking over at Harry and Weasley as if he had expected them to disappear or something. Oh, wait.

Delilah groaned and turned to him.

"What did you do?"

A small pink appeared in Draco's cheeks.

"Um, well, um, you know that duel I challenged Harry to? He actually accepted, I didn't go of course, but I might have warned Filch that someone may be in the Trophy Room after hours..."

Delilah rolled her eyes, but couldn't help her smile. She knew she shouldn't. What Draco did was mean, but Harry was naive to fall for it.

"Sorry," Draco apologized.

"Don't do it again, if you say you're going to do something, do it." Delilah replied.

"Why aren't you in Hufflepuff with those standards?"

Delilah scoffed. "Because of my attitude, I'm not nice enough for Hufflepuff, the hat didn't even think of putting me in there."

Draco laughed. "So you're not mad at me?"

Delilah smirked. "I never said that. But I don't have any other friends I can talk with yet, so you're off the hook. For now."

Draco smiled. He was doing a lot of that lately.

Delilah looked up as the owls flew in and her eyes caught a long package carried by six large screech owls. She gasped as she saw it stop at Harry.

Harry opened the letter, showed it to Ron and then they quickly got up and left the hall.

Draco hurried after them and Delilah followed, wondering why and how Harry had gotten a broomstick.

They met him in the entrance hall and Crabbe and Goyle barred the way while Draco snatched the package from Harry and felt it.

"That's a broomstick," he said, throwing it back to Harry with a look of jealousy on his face. "You'll be in for it this time. Potter, first years aren't allowed them."

"It's not any old broomstick, it's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy, a Comet Two Sixty?" Weasley grinned at Harry. "Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."

"Draco, I'm sure Harry has school permission, how else could he have got it?" Delilah took a breath and turned to Weasley. "Secondly Weasley, are you sure you can boast about what someone else got? Doesn't quite fit, does it?"

"Right you are Miss Potter!" Professor Flitwick said after appearing at Draco's elbow. "Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, Mr. Potter. And what model is it?"

"A Nimbus Two Thousand, sir," said Harry, grinning as Draco scowled.

Harry and Weasley walked away, probably to put Harry's broom away in the Gryffindor common room.

Delilah, Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle all headed to transfiguration.

With all the schoolwork Delilah had to do, she barely believed it when she realized she had been at Hogwarts for 2 months.
Classes had become much more interesting by now Delilah realized that she was passable at all of it, especially potions and charms, though she was decent at transfiguration as well.

Even better was that Delilah had made some more friends, mainly Daphne Greengrass and Pansy Parkinson, who could be mean but was decent when you got to know her. Daphne, on the other hand, was kind and clever. So now Delilah's friend group was up to five, if Crabbe and Goyle were included.