Chapter 9

The only class Delilah could complain about was DADA. After the episode with the pixies, Lockhart hadn't brought any live creatures to class. Instead, being the narcissist he was, he just read passages from his books to them. Once he tried to reenact one of the more dramatic bits, but everyone refused to participate so he stopped trying, in their class at least.

Delilah's best classes were still charms and potions. She excelled at those and was still doing well.

That evening, they were learning the Dancing Feet Spell, Tarantallegra and Delilah was paired with Draco.

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you," Draco winked and Delilah smirked. Like she was worried.

They both took their stances and before Draco could move, Delilah declared, "Tarantallegra!"

Draco started dancing and everyone laughed. Delilah grinned and performed the counter curse.

Afterwards Draco laughed with the rest, but his cheeks were a bright pink.

The next day all anyone would talk about was the Slytherin Gryffindor Quidditch match that was happening that evening. Everyone was excited and the tensions were running high. Everyone got up earlier than normal for a Saturday morning, and hurriedly ate breakfast.

As eleven o'clock approached, the whole school made their way down to the Quidditch pitch. It was a muggy sort of day with a hint of thunder in the air. Delilah wished Draco luck and sat by Daphne as Pansy was sitting by her boyfriend.

The Slytherin team walked onto the field and the Slytherin's cheered while basically everyone else booed. The Gryffindor team came on and they got the opposite reaction. Everyone except the Slytherin's cheered.

Flint and Wood shook hands, giving each other threatening stares.

"On my whistle," said Madam Hooch. "Three... two... one..."

The crowd roared and the fourteen players rose into the leaden sky. Harry flew the highest, searching for the snitch. Draco shot underneath him, showing off his speed.

A heavy black Bludger rushed towards Harry and he barely avoided it.

George streaked past him with his club. He gave the Bludger a powerful whack toward Adrian Pucey, but the Bludger changed direction in midair and shot straight for Harry again.

Harry dropped to avoid it, and George managed to hit it toward Draco. Once again, the Bludger swerved like a boomerang and shot back towards Harry.

Delilah turned to Daphne, "What's going on with that Bludger?"

Daphne turned, confused. "What?"

"That Bludger keeps going after Harry, even when George or Fred send it hard the opposite direction."

Daphne shrugged. "I don't know, I'm sure they'll call a timeout soon."

They didn't. Fred was waiting for the Bludger at the other end. Harry ducked as Fred swung at the Bludger with all his might; the Bludger was knocked off course.

Fred looked pleased with himself but, as though it was magnetically attracted to Harry, the Bludger pelted after him once more and Harry was forced to fly off at full speed.

It started to rain. That Bludger must have been tampered with, but it had been locked away in Madam Hooch's office since the last practice.

"Slytherin lead, sixty points to zero —" Lee Jordan said, but Delilah couldn't bring herself to cheer. Something was wrong with that Bludger.

Fred and George started flying so close to Harry on either side that he had no chance to look for the Snitch.

Madam Hooch whistled to a time out. Fred, Harry, and George dived towards the ground, still trying to avoid the Bludger.