Chapter 28

Everything around her shook, was there an earthquake? But didn't magic protect the school from natural disasters?

"Um, sorry to wake you, but if you don't get up now you won't sleep well tonight."

Delilah opened her eyes. The last thing she remembered was snuggling with Draco by the fire.

"Daphne? What's happening? Why am I in my room?"

She sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Well... Draco got called to do something with the Inquisitorial Squad. He didn't want to wake you — you were out cold — so he carried you back to your room. It was so adorable." She squealed.

"Daphne, is there anything else?"

She didn't want Daphne to go into fangirl mode and forget the reason she actually came to wake her. She knew that Delilah never slept anyway, so she wouldn't have a problem letting her sleep unless something had happened.

"Oh, right. I also came to wake you because... well... I heard Draco's in the Hospital Wing with the rest of the Inquisitorial Squad."

"What happened?"

"I don't know. No one can find Umbridge either. Or Harry and his little gang of friends."

"Which friends?"

"Granger, both Weasleys, Longbottom, and that Ravenclaw girl, Loony I think."

"Luna," Delilah automatically corrected.

"Yeah, her."

"Thanks for telling me, I'll go check on Draco. Do you want to come?"

Daphne shook her head.

"None of them are in serious trouble, they just had some of the Weasley twins' treats. You'll tell me what happened?"

"Of course."

Delilah let Daphne give her a quick hug then hurried off to see how Draco was doing.

When she got to the Hospital Wing, Draco and the Inquisitorial Squad were coming out.

"Hi Draco, how are you feeling? Anything hurt" Delilah asked, purposefully ignoring everyone else.

"Only my pride."

She chuckled.

"What happened?"

Draco glanced at the other members of the Inquisitorial Squad.

"Nothing you need to know." Then, dropping his voice so only Delilah could hear him he added, "I'll tell you later, in private."

"Ok. Since you're feeling good, want to go on a walk? The weather seems very nice."

"Of course. By the lake?"

"Sure."

She grabbed Draco's hand and they walked outside.

Finally they were alone.

"What happened?" Delilah asked.

He winced.

"As you know, Umbridge called the Inquisitorial Squad. We hurried to her office and caught Lovegood, Longbottom, and Ginny Weasley hanging around, telling everyone there was Garrotting Gas. After we went to her office, where Granger and your brother were. Potter's head was in the fire, so it was obvious he was trying to talk to someone.

"Umbridge tried to get them to tell her who, but Potter wouldn't say. She threatened to use Cruciatus on him. Before she could," he hurriedly added, "Granger told her that they were trying to contact Dumbledore to tell him that the weapon they were making was done.