Chapter 6

After a few minutes she got to the castle, and hurried out, ignoring the chatter of the Hufflepuffs who had gotten into the same carriage.

She walked to the Great Hall and was relieved to see Daphne sitting alone. Delilah moved to sit beside her.

"Hi Daphne, how's your summer been?"

"Oh it was so fun. I met up with Andrés, you know, the guy I went to the Yule Ball with, and he was so fun. I don't think I'll ever date him, but we had so much fun. He showed me all the cool places up North, and though we didn't actually go to Durmstrang he told me about how it's been so much better now that they got a new Headmaster."

"Why don't you think you'll date him? It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun."

"We did, and we still have been writing to each other. I just don't want to have a long distance relationship. It seems like too much work and worry for me. Maybe if he moves here or I somehow end up over there for some reason."

"So for now you're just writing?"

"Yep," Daphne cheerfully said. "How was your summer?"

"Pretty good, I have some boy questions to ask you about later."

"What happened?"

Delilah glanced at the door, where Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle were coming in. Where was Draco?

"I'll tell you later, just something I want to know if I should be concerned about or not."

"Ok, what about tomorrow during break?"

"That works, or sooner depending on our schedules. We get them tomorrow at breakfast, right?"

Daphne nodded.

"What do we get for breakfast?" Blaise asked.

Delilah rolled her eyes before saying, "We were talking about how we are choosing our schedules at breakfast."

Blaise was about to respond, but before he could Draco sat down between them.

"Move over, I haven't seen my girlfriend for months."

Oh, so he hadn't forgotten about her. That was good at least.

"You want me to go all around the table so you can sit by Delilah? No way."

"Just crawl under the table then, or I'll have to jinx you."

Blaise grumbled about his dignity, but did as Draco had suggested.

Draco smiled at her then turned to the group.

"Want to know what took me so long to get here?" he whispered.

They nodded.

"So, when Zabini got back from Slughorn's dinner thing, I thought it was weird that the door seemed to be stopped by something when he went to close it, and then I thought I saw someone's feet and ankles when Zabini and Goyle were at each other's throats."

Delilah's heart sank. Harry wasn't really that stupid, right? Sadly she knew Harry too well to ignore the possibility.

"So I stayed behind when the train stopped and stupefied where I thought the intruder was. Turns out Potter was spying on us. Of course I taught him his lesson. I broke his nose then covered him in his invisibility cloak." He mimed punching someone's nose.

Delilah groaned. Why did Draco and Harry have to have their stupid feud?

"Honestly, I don't know where he got one. They're supposed to be super rare. Then again I heard his parents left him a fortune."