Chapter 7

Delilah's POV

The next morning there was a lot of commotion in the house. From what Delilah heard as she dressed at top speed, she gathered that Fred and George had bewitched their trunks to fly downstairs to save the bother of carrying them, with the result that they had hurtled straight into Ginny and knocked her down two flights of stairs into the hall; Mrs. Black and Mrs. Weasley were both screaming at the top of their voices.

"— COULD HAVE DONE HER A SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS —"

"— FILTHY HALF-BREEDS, BESMIRCHING THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS —"

Hermione left the room to return Hedwig, who had come back sometime the night before.

Delilah hurried downstairs.

"Ginny, you alright?" she asked.

"Yep, Mum patched me up."

"WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!" Mrs. Weasley bellowed upstairs.

Hermione was there so quickly that for a moment Delilah thought she had apparated.

"You two, go grab the rest of the luggage and put it in the hallway. Alastor is going to deal with it," Mrs. Weasley ordered.

"When you're done, it should be time to go. Harry, Tonks and I are leaving now," Mrs. Weasley said.

Hermione and Delilah both nodded before hurrying up the stairs, passing Harry on the way.

"Bye, see you at the station," said Delilah.

Harry looked confused, but Delilah hurried upstairs; Mrs. Weasley would explain.

By the time Delilah and Hermione had finished grabbing the rest of the trunks, owl cages, and Crookshanks's cage, Harry, Tonks, and Mrs. Weasley had left.

Moody came in a minute later.

"I'll take the trunks," he growled. At least, that's what Delilah thought he said. Mrs. Black made it difficult to hear what anyone was saying.

""MUDBLOODS! SCUM! CREATURES OF DIRT!" Mrs. Black repeatedly screeched.

"WILL SOMEONE SHUT THAT BLASTED PAINTING!" Moody yelled.

"I will," Remus offered, appearing from nowhere. "Mind helping me Arther?"

Mr. Weasley — where had he come from — nodded and they both went to shut Mrs. Black up.

A few moments later there was a deafening silence, and Delilah heard Midnight hissing from her shoulders.

"When are we leaving?"

"Soon, we're just waiting for the others to come down."

"Tell them to hurry up, I want to see Draco again."

Delilah smiled.

"Hey Delilah, what do you think about adding—" Fred started to say, but George cut him off, and not with the rest of the sentence as usual.

"Sh, can't you see she's talking to her pet?" George stated, hushing him.

"Who is he calling your pet?" Midnight muttered, narrowing her already slit-like eyes.

Delilah hid her smile.

"They are quite oblivious sometimes."

"Where's Ron?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"Right here," Ron said from the back by Hermione.

"That's everyone," Mr. Weasley said, "Shall we get moving?"