Chapter 18

The next morning the castle was buzzing with news.

"What happened?" Delilah asked Daphne, sitting next to her.

"All the Weasleys and Harry left school last night because Mr. Weasley got attacked. I don't know how they knew so quickly...."

Delilah had a suspicion. If Harry had another of his nightmares, and this one actually happened, then what about all his other ones?

"You have an idea, don't you?" Daphne accused.

"It's probably wrong," Delilah brushed off, frowning to herself.

Daphne studied her for a moment, before shrugging it off.

Delilah had Transfiguration at the end of the day, so she would be able to talk to McGonagall, but would have to wait. She was so distracted in Herbology that Sprout pulled her over at the end of class to make sure that she was alright.

Then when it was time for Transfiguration. She still was preoccupied, and if Draco hadn't caught her mouse, she would have lost it.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just distracted. You heard about what happened to the Weasleys?"

Draco nodded.

"Everyone's talking about it. Did you hear how Umbridge tried to stop them, but was too late? It was obvious how angry she was at breakfast."

"Huh, I didn't notice."

"Probably for the best. She glared at McGonagall a few times. Honestly, that toad has no sense of survival. She kept glaring even when McGonagall glared back."

Delilah's mouse tried to make another run for it, but Draco lazily summoned it back.

"I love that spell," he commented, grinning.

Near the end of class McGonagall gave them a set of questions to answer and gave them the rest of class to work on them. Noticing her good mood, Delilah stayed behind when her classmates left.

"Go on ahead of me, I'll catch up," she promised Draco. "I'll explain later."

When everyone was outside, Delilah walked up to McGonagall.

"How is Mr. Weasley doing?" she asked. "No one seems to know."

"He was badly injured, but he'll live," McGonagall replied.

"How are the other Weasleys and Harry doing?"

"They are worried, but fine. They are temporarily living a bit closer to St. Mungo's."

Delilah nodded. So they were staying at Grimmauld Place, Sirius would be ecstatic. She didn't blame him, no one should spend Christmas alone.

"Thanks Professor, merry Christmas."

McGonagall gave a small smile.

"Merry Christmas."

Delilah hurried to the common room.

The rest of the week was dreadfully slow. Everyone was excited for the break, but it didn't seem to want to come.

Finally, it was the last class before break: Charms. Delilah was glad it was her last class, because Professor Flitwick was the teacher that would let them play games or work on their homework.

Delilah wasn't too worried about homework, she'd have plenty of time during the break to do it. What else would she do?

Draco on the other hand was trying to get as much done as possible.