Chapter 12

The next few weeks went along as usual. The rest of the school got back, and they got a bunch of homework, mostly from Potions, but that was normal. But there was one unusual thing, Hermione had been missing from classes, which meant either she had gotten sick, or something had gone wrong with her Polyjuice potion. Delilah suspected the latter.

Draco groaned. Delilah, who was doing her Potion's homework with, looked up.

"How many rat tails are you supposed to add to the Hair Raising Potion?" Draco wondered. "Is it six or seven?"

"Seven."

"Ugh, why do we have to do this?"

"So we get a good grade and pass the class," Delilah said for the fifteenth time.

"But as long as we pass the final we're fine," Draco argued.

"Who knows, maybe they'll get canceled this year and so your yearly grade will be the final grade."

He snorted.

"Like that'd happen."

"Anyway, you should get a good grade, the exams won't fix all of it," she reasoned.

"Fine, but I'm bored, we've been working on this for an hour!" he complained.

"You've been working on this for an hour, I finished half an hour ago, I'm just finishing McGonagall's essay." Delilah finished writing with a flourish. "Snape's stuff isn't that bad, you know the recipe, and the effects are obvious, and if improperly made they can be used as a poison."

"Thank you for writing my last paragraph!" Draco quickly finished writing and then looked at his transfiguration book in disgust. "I'll do that later, want to go for a swim?"

They had had a few more lessons and Delilah was more confident, she still didn't like being super deep, but could.

"Sure, but I need to stop by the library first. There's this book I want to look at," Delilah answered.

"Let me guess, it's another snake book?"

Ever since Christmas, Delilah had been reading a bunch of snake books. She'd read the one Draco had given her three times before going to get another.

"No actually, it's about charms. I heard of a summoning spell and wanted to see if I could do it, along with Aguamenti, Confundo, and Stupefy."

"You know most of that stuff is at least fourth year magic, right?"

Delilah nodded. He chuckled

They put their stuff away and headed up towards the library and stopped. Myrtle's bathroom was flooded again.

After a moment's hesitation, they walked in, holding up their robes as they went.

Myrtle was crying louder and harder than she had for a long while. She seemed to be hiding down her usual toilet. The bathroom was dark as the candles had been extinguished by the water that had soaked the walls and floor.

"Myrtle, what's up?" Draco asked, speaking for the first time to Myrtle.

"Who's that?" glugged Myrtle miserably. "Come to throw something else at me?"

"We wouldn't do that," Delilah stated, wading up to her stall. "What happened? Who threw something at you?"

"I don't know who threw it. Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me...."

Delilah looked around for the book, it wasn't there.

"Where is it?" Draco asked.

"Oh, someone came and took it again, your brother and his red-haired friend I think."