Chapter 18

Delilah got up early on Sunday morning. She was so tired that she barely could get ready, and accidentally kept trying to wear her sock as a hat. When she was finally done, she sleepily headed to the Great Hall.

She sat alone eating until Draco came along, grinning. He seemed to have slept well.

"Good morning!" he chirpily greeted.

"Morning, why are you so chipper?"

Draco grinned.

"Just happy I guess."

Delilah shrugged and smiled.

"Delilah!" an anxious voice stated.

"Yes Harry?"

"Will you meet me in the library after breakfast? I need your help!"

She nodded.

"What do you need help with?"

Harry glanced at Draco.

"I'll tell you then. Thanks!"

He left, fidgeting with his arm. He always did that when he was nervous, it was obnoxious.

After breakfast Delilah sat at a small table near the back of the library and was soon greeted by Harry and Hermione.

"In the first task I need to fight a dragon," Harry immediately stated.

"How do you know that?" Delilah checked. He sounded sure, but how could he know exactly what the first task was.

"Well, we don't know exactly, we just know it involves dragons," Hermione elaborated. "But why else would they need dragons?"

Delilah nodded. It seemed a bit straight forward, but still seemed logical.

"So you want help on dueling a dragon? I'm sorry I don't have much expertise in that area. Maybe if you write to Charlie he could tell you, or just ask Ron. I bet he knows quite a bit about dragons as well."

"No," Harry immediately responded.

She raised a questioning eyebrow towards Hermione, who rolled her eyes.

"They've had a row but neither will talk it out like a reasonable person."

"Well, to be fair, they both can be pretty unreasonable."

"Hey!" Harry hotly snapped.

"How about we all just try to figure out how Harry will survive on Tuesday," Hermione suggested, hiding a laugh.

Harry nodded, still eyeing Delilah.

They pulled down every book they could find on dragons, and they all set to work searching through the large pile. Delilah grabbed a book from the top.

" 'Talon-clipping by charms... treating scale-rot...' This is no good, this is for nutters like Hagrid who want to keep them healthy...."

" 'Dragons are extremely difficult to slay, owing to the ancient magic that imbues their thick hides, which none but the most powerful spells can penetrate...' But Sirius said a simple one would do it...."

"Wait, when did you get to talk to Sirius?" Delilah asked.

"Let's try some simple spellbooks, then," said Harry, throwing aside Men Who Love Dragons Too Much. "I talked to him in the fire last night. He told me how Karkaroff was a Deatheater and that a simple spell would help with the dragon."

Delilah nodded as Harry left to grab more. There was a simple spell, she knew there was, but she just couldn't put her finger on it.

Harry returned to the table with a pile of spellbooks, set them down, and began to flick through each in turn, Hermione whispering nonstop. Delilah rolled her eyes but continued searching through the books.