Chapter 20

Despite the very heavy load of homework that the fourth years had been given for the holidays, Delilah had already finished it all and spent the week enjoying herself as much as possible along with everyone else.

The Slytherin common room was hardly less crowded than during term time, and seemed to have shrunk slightly too, as its inhabitants were more rowdy than usual, with people turning into canaries everywhere.

Fred, George, and Delilah had had great success with the canary creams, and for the first few days of break, people were bursting into feathers all over the place. Before long, however, people learned to not accept anything from other people, lest it have a canary cream inside, especially in the Slytherin Common room, where a bunch of the creams had somehow appeared one afternoon. Delilah may have been the one to put them there, along with a Muggle camera that sadly didn't work on the school grounds.

Delilah and the twins had started hatching other things as well. Delilah had tested a sneezing sucker on Blaise. It had worked, and after a few hours he was forced to go to Madam Pomfrey.

The weather, like Blaise's 'allergies', had turned up in a blink of an eye, and was just as violent. But, unlike the 'allergies', it didn't go away with a wave of the wand. Some snow started falling quickly onto the castle and its grounds, making the pale blue Beauxbatons carriage looked like a large, chilly, frosted pumpkin next to the iced gingerbread house that was Hagrid's cabin, while the Durmstrangs ship's portholes were glazed with ice, the rigging with white frost. Hopefully both were warmer than they looked.

The food, unlike the weather, was brimming with warmth and creativity, the house-elves down in the kitchen were outdoing themselves, with a series of rich, warming stews and savory puddings that only Fleur Delacour seemed to be able to find anything to complain about.

"It is too 'eavy all zis 'Ogwarts food" they heard her saying grumpily as they left the Great Hall behind her one evening. "I will not be able to fit into my dress robes!"

"Oooh there's a tragedy," Daphne snapped as Fleur went out into the entrance hall. "She really thinks a lot of herself, that one, doesn't she?"

Delilah nodded.

"Which Durmstrang is Andrei?" she inquired.

Daphne nodded to one of them, and Delilah had to admit that he was pretty good looking. He even looked like a nice person, the way he was laughing and joking with his friends.

"Hey Andrei!" Daphne cheerfully said as they passed.

Andrei grinned.

"Hey Daphne!" He seemed equally happy and excited. He may be able to keep up with Daphne's bursting energy. "Who are you?" He politefully added to Delilah.

"I'm Delilah, and you must be Andrei, this one's told me all about you, your charming smile, your biceps, your fun personality-"

Andrei grinned awkwardly, embarrassed. Daphne, who's cheeks had turned hot pink, kicked Delilah in the shins, glaring.

"Shut up, or I'll tell Draco all the things you say about him."

"What has Delilah said about me?" Draco said from behind them. Delilah inwardly cursed.

"Nothing-"

Daphne cut her off.

"Oh she loves your slightly awkward demeanor and how you seem so tough but are really just a giant teddy bear-" Delilah stepped on Daphne's foot. Hard. Luckily she stopped talking, or Draco's ego would have grown to fill the Great Hall.

Draco grinned as Delilah's cheeks turned almost as red as her hair, her eyes narrowed slits at a smirking Daphne. Andrei stayed out of it, focusing on eating the foreign dish in front of him.