Chapter 20

The next day Delilah woke up even earlier than normal, practically bouncing off the walls. She settled down, taking deep breaths before she was calm enough to head up to breakfast, where all the students should have returned.

Sure enough when she got to the Great Hall, people were starting to return. Delilah saw Fred and George, scheming with Lee Jordan, and her blonde dork.

She gave Fred and George a high five as she headed towards Draco.

"Hey," she said in his ear as she sat down beside him, making him flinch.

He turned and grinned, but Delilah still noticed the tired look in his eyes. The same one he got after each summer break.

"Hey."

He stared at her lips and moved closer. She leaned on his shoulder.

"Classes don't start until tomorrow," Delilah casually stated. "And neither of us have any homework."

Draco's grin widened.

"RoR?"

Delilah smiled. "You read my mind."

They finished eating and headed up to the Room of Requirement.

Everything was ready for a... love potion?

"So... I guess we're making a love potion?" Draco guessed.

"Yeah, but let's not amplify it. That would be messed up."

Draco nodded when his eyes lit up.

"I agree." He was trying not to laugh. What was so funny?

"What?"

"I think you're right." He moved closer and nudged her playfully.

Delilah shook her head, attempting not to laugh. Why did she have to like such a dork? Alas her heart had chosen and she had gone with it.

"Can I kiss you?" Draco asked.

Instead of responding, she kissed him.

She could feel him grinning and smiled.

"We should probably start the potion," Delilah awkwardly commented a moment after they had breathlessly pulled apart.

He nodded.

As they made the potion, the room started to smell more and more like Draco's cologne, mint, and old books.

Then, after a few explosions, burns, and lost eyebrows they were done.

"I think it worked," Draco said.

"I think so too."

They both sat awkwardly, staring at each other.

"What do you smell?" they blurted in unison before laughing.

"You first," they said. "No you."

"Ok I'll go," Draco decided. "Your lemon and lavender shampoo and apples from my family's orchard. What do you smell?"

Delilah smiled. No wonder she liked the dork.

"Your mint cologne and old books."

He nodded, grinning.

They sat comfortably for a minute, staring at the fireplace. Delilah grabbed Draco's hand and sneakily looked at his watch.

"It's almost lunch," she commented. "Want to come back after?"

He glanced at his watch, looking surprised at the time.

"Yeah, sure."

They quickly ate lunch then returned to the Room of Requirement.