Chapter 17

The next day Delilah managed to finish the rest of her homework in the early hours before anyone else was awake, which meant she got to enjoy the peace and quiet in the best seat next to the fire. It also meant she had time to write a note for the Ravenclaws.

As sad as it was, it was time to end the prank war.

Delilah wrote the when and where, copied it a few times, and headed to the Great Hall early to put them along the seats.

As she finished putting the last note down, breakfast was ready so she could start eating.

Just as she finished eating Fred and George came in. She hesitated, but walked up to them.

"May I join you?" Delilah asked.

They studied her.

"Hm, what do you think, George? Should we?" Fred teased.

"I don't know Fred, she has been ignoring us for that ferret," George responded.

"But, she has been ignoring said ferret for a bit because he is a huge prat," Delilah argued.

Fred stroked his chin.

"That is a fair point."

Fred and George exchanged a look.

"Only if she'll have a snowball fight with us later," George decided.

They both grinned. Delilah smirked.

"Only if you want to lose."

Their grins widened.

"Ooo, smack talk. How do you know we haven't got tricks up our sleeves?" Fred pointed out.

"I guess we'll see then," Delilah said, smiling.

She sat down between them and helped herself to another piece of toast.

"You better have had more to eat than that," George said, eyeing her.

Delilah rolled her eyes.

"I got here early and ate some eggs and sausages."

"With toast?"

"With toast."

"Good," Fred decided. "You've been looking a bit peckish recently."

"It was one meal because of homework."

"Exactly! One, full meal," George insisted.

"Yeah I've missed more," Delilah muttered into her toast.

"Want some sugar for that sour face?" Fred offered with a straight face.

Delilah smiled.

"I'm fine, thanks."

He shrugged, putting a spoonful on his... eggs?

She didn't question him. After her second year she stopped wondering why Fred and George did anything. Once, when she was at the Burrow, she caught them fighting over a cookie when there was still a whole plate beside them.

They finished eating and headed out after Delilah insisted on putting on warmer clothes and left Midnight in her room.

"Why do I have to stay?" she protested.

"I'm having a snowball fight with Fred and George. I don't want you stuck in the cold or for a snowball to accidentally hit you. It would be a pain to explain that to Mrs. Weasley and to clean up the blood."

Midnight wasn't happy, but she stayed in the dorm.

Delilah met the twins by the doors.

"Let's go," she said, grinning as they walked outside. "One on one on one?"