Chapter 3

"Ron!" breathed Harry from across the room. He then made his way to the window next to Delilah.

"How did you get here?" she asked.

"We flew, dad has this enchanted car, we didn't enchant it, of course," George said from the front seat; Fred was sitting beside him.

"All right, Delilah, Harry?" asked Fred.

"What's been going on?" said Ron. "Why haven't you been answering my letters Harry? I've asked you to stay about twelve times, you were invited too, Delilah."

"Wait til I tell you, our lives have been hectic, first they locked our trunks downstairs — we broke them out later — then Dobby showed up and caused us to get locked in our room. Can you tell them at Hogwarts that the Dursleys have locked us up and won't let us come back, and obviously we can't magic ourselves out, because then the Ministry will expel us, so —" Harry rambled.

"Harry, do yourself a favor and shut up. Why would they take the risk of getting caught by their parents or Ministry even, just to make sure we were alive?"

Fred and George grinned at her.

"Correct! We're here to bring you home with us," Fred answered.

Why everyone got Fred and George mixed up was a mystery to Delilah, from a distance they looked the same and they did have the same structure, but Fred had way more freckles than George, and while their personalities were similar, they were still different.

"So how are we going to get the bars down?" Delilah inquired.

"Tie that around the bars," said Fred, throwing the end of a rope to Harry.

"If the Dursleys wake up, we're all dead," Delilah warned as Harry tied the rope around a bar and Fred revved up the car.

"Don't worry," said George, "and stand back."

They both moved back into the shadows next to Hedwig, who luckily kept silent. The car revved louder and louder and suddenly, with a crunching noise, the bars were pulled clean out of the window as Fred drove straight up in the air.

Delilah walked back to the window and saw the bars dangling a few feet above the ground. Panting, Ronald hoisted them up into the car. Despite all the noise they'd make, somehow the Dursleys' still were asleep, or at least silent.

When the bars were safely out of the way, Fred reversed as close as possible to their window.

They grabbed all of their Hogwarts stuff and piled them into the trunk. Delilah got in the car. Harry was about to get in when, of course, something had to go wrong.

Hedwig let out a loud screech.

"That bloody owl!" Uncle Vernon shouted. Harry snatched up Hedwig's cage, dashed to the window, and passed it out to Ron.

Uncle Vernon hammered on the unlocked door — and it crashed open. For a split second, Uncle Vernon stood framed in the doorway; then he let out a bellow like an angry bull and dived at Harry, grabbing his ankle.

Ron, Fred, George, and Delilah all seized Harry's arms and pulled as hard as they could.

"Petunia!" roared Uncle Vernon. "They're getting away! THEY'RE GETTING AWAY!"

They all gave a gigantic tug and Harry's leg slid out of Uncle Vernon's grasp and Harry was in the car. He slammed the door shut and Fred put his foot on it and they were out of there!

Delilah rolled down her window, she'd made Harry sit in the middle, and felt the cold night wind blow her hair around.

"See you next summer!" Harry and Delilah yelled to the Dursleys, who were all hanging, dumbstruck, out of their window.