Chapter 11

Delilah's eyes opened and she looked at the time.

Crap, it was too early for breakfast. She groaned.

"What? You don't have classes today," Midnight hissed.

"Exactly. I don't have classes but I still woke up early."

"Don't you always do that?"

"That's the problem."

Delilah stayed in bed. She didn't want to get up. She grabbed a random book from her nightstand and started reading, quickly setting it back down after realizing it was that stupid Defense book. Instead she grabbed "The Princess Bride," a great classic a librarian had suggested over the summer.

By the time she finished the chapter she had summoned enough willpower to get up. Actually she just got so fed up with Midnight nudging her, complaining, and trying to get Delilah to take her to Draco, that she finally got up.

"Oh shut it."

Delilah got ready for the day and headed to the Slytherin common room. When she got in, she laughed.

The Ravenclaws had gotten into their common room and levitated all the furniture. A seventh year was casting spells, trying to get them down, but it didn't work. A fourth year was helping them by looking for what spell they could have used. Apparently they couldn't find it so they threw the book at the furniture. That didn't work either. Two third years were trying to parkour their way up but were failing miserably. A group of merfolk had gathered by the glass and were all laughing their heads off. To top it all off, a sixth year had fallen asleep on the couch and the Ravenclaws had still levitated it. At some point they had fallen off, but their wand hadn't. They kept jumping trying to grab it, but with no luck. Then there was Draco, who had fallen asleep doing homework.

Unlike the sixth year he hadn't fallen off. Instead, he sat smirking at the third years who were asking him how he got up there. He hadn't seen Delilah yet. She snuck up behind him, and the third years were so busy talking to him that they didn't notice her. Then she grabbed his legs and pulled him down, catching him so he wouldn't get hurt.

"OI! WHO DID THAT?! 50 POINTS FROM—"

Delilah kissed him before he could finish.

"I did it."

He kissed her back.

"Dang it, I can't stay mad at you."

The third years interrupted them.

"But how did you get up there?" the shorter of the two complained.

"Magic," Draco responded offhandedly, staring at Delilah. "Breakfast?"

She nodded.

Strangely enough, Draco went straight for the paper.

"What are you doing?"

He shrugged.

"Father told me to check the paper this week, something about how Dumbledore doesn't hang around good people and getting put in his place."

He handed her the paper, pointing to a small article.

TRESPASS AT MINISTRY

Sturgis Podmore, 38, of number two, Laburnum Gardens, Clapham, has appeared in front of the Wizengamot charged with trespass and attempted robbery at the Ministry of Magic on 31st August. Podmore was arrested by Ministry of Magic watchwizard Eric Munch, who found him attempting to force his way through a top-security door at one o'clock in the morning. Podmore, who refused to speak in his own defense, was convicted on both charges and sentenced to six months in Azkaban.